Light Plate...

carlinb17

Howdy, I'm interested in doing a light plate for a couple of pedals, I'm dumbfounded by the best way to have them light up... It seems like it should be a simple answer but I keep going over it and the dots don't connect... Do you just point an LED inside at the plate or is it better to adhere some sort of LED to it...Any suggestions or examples would be fantastic.

I've got a wah light plate that's pretty simple...just four 5mm holes in the perimeter with flat top 5mm LEDS shoved in there, wired with two series pairs in parallel, dropped the current limiting resistor to like 100 ohms or so.

Honestly, I'd probably do it a bit differently the next time around. LED's tend to put out the majority of their light at the tip...maybe sliding them on their sides might lead to more dramatic effects? Or painting the bottom plate bright white to take advantage of reflections...

It'd be pretty cool to get some of those slow progressing multicolor LEDs synced up and put in a diffused light plate.

Let there be bling, my friend

It'd be pretty cool to get some of those slow progressing multicolor LEDs synced up and put in a diffused light plate.
I’ve done it many times.
Not really a way to sync them up, but they’re pretty consistent in rate, and they always start at the same point in the cycle when power is applied, so they stay pretty closely synced regardless. They drift out of phase with each other after an extended period of time, but even that looks cool, and it’s not like you’ll typically have one pedal engaged nonstop for 2+ hours, so it’s not an issue anyway

I’m actually working on something like that at the moment... experimenting with the difference between 5mm LEDs and SMD.

Reactions: fig
I’ve just drilled a through hole on the middle, and stuck a 5mm diffused led in the hole. If the led is bright enough, one in the center is enough to light it up well.

Reactions: fig
Back