Looking for a second pair of eyes on the XR2206 datasheet

tegendemuur

So, I ordered two Echo Dream kits from Fuzz Dog, and was going through the datasheet of the function generator, and saw that the sine lfo can be switched from sine to triangle by simply opening the closed connecton between 13 and 14. Is it really as simple as adding another switch, or should I look at some other part of the sheet as well? With my inexperienced view, this look like a simple enough mod, it that's all it takes. It makes me wonder why it wasn't on the original...

The sheet says the amplitude of triangle is almost double of that of sine. And it being an LFO I suspect there's no reason to curb that, as the depth knob will take care of this.

Datasheet: https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Kits/XR2206_104_020808.pdf

schematic.png

Echo schematic: Thankfully there's not a whole lot going on. It's fueled by lively crumminess, not ingenuity. 😅
echo.png
A second question: Pin 11 is a sync output. Could that pin be split in two, to clock two circuits (sync the LFO of the second board)? Or is the timing being done through some other means, and is the sync something else entirely? Figuring this out in volts would easy, but I'm not sure how to think of the output of such a pin and what it does.

This is my first closer inspection of a datasheet, and I am not really sure what else I should look at. I guess there's also a sense of insecurity involved in not wanting to fry a somewhat rare component like that.

Attachments

• schematic.png
    schematic.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 1
  • schematic.png
    schematic.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 0
  • schematic.png
    schematic.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 0
  • echo.png
    echo.png