Looking for pedal / mod recommendations for bass.

I have a pedal board that I use for electric (rhythm, and lead, occasionally a baritone), acoustic, and bass. It's pretty bulky, as you can imagine. On my board, I currently have: HX Mini Stomp for cabinet modeling and IR's, a compressor/boost (Corey Wong), a Proco Rat distortion/fuzz (PedalPCB version), a Blues Breaker overdrive (Pedal PCB version), a Boss Chorus, and an ABY switch.

I would like to get down to a smaller pedal board for my bass. I mostly use the HX Stomp for the bass depending on the song, but being a pedal builder I would rather narrow down to a few pedals for the effects that I use. My main bass guitar is a Reverend Decision P.

Here are my thoughts on what I'm looking for, and hoping to get recommendations here. I am still relatively "new" to pedal building, but I have a handful of DIY pedals under my belt now.

1) Compressor
2) Overdrive / Fuzz
3) Octave
5) DI Box

What are some good options? I still have a few extra boards for Blues Braker and Rat, that I could potentially mod with different components but I'm not quite sure how to do that yet. My preference would be to go with a pedal that is more intended for bass. Appreciate any /all suggestions!

I have a pedal board that I use for electric (rhythm, and lead, occasionally a baritone), acoustic, and bass. It's pretty bulky, as you can imagine. On my board, I currently have: HX Mini Stomp for cabinet modeling and IR's, a compressor/boost (Corey Wong), a Proco Rat distortion/fuzz (PedalPCB version), a Blues Breaker overdrive (Pedal PCB version), a Boss Chorus, and an ABY switch.

I would like to get down to a smaller pedal board for my bass. I mostly use the HX Stomp for the bass depending on the song, but being a pedal builder I would rather narrow down to a few pedals for the effects that I use. My main bass guitar is a Reverend Decision P.

Here are my thoughts on what I'm looking for, and hoping to get recommendations here. I am still relatively "new" to pedal building, but I have a handful of DIY pedals under my belt now.

1) Compressor
2) Overdrive / Fuzz
3) Octave
5) DI Box

What are some good options? I still have a few extra boards for Blues Braker and Rat, that I could potentially mod with different components but I'm not quite sure how to do that yet. My preference would be to go with a pedal that is more intended for bass. Appreciate any /all suggestions!
Delay, phaser, enhancer, wah and chorus.

1) Compressor
2) Overdrive / Fuzz
3) Octave
5) DI Box

If we're sticking to pedalpcb:

1. Thumbsucker (though I haven't built the new Median and I suspect it's good too). Caveat- I'm not a big comp user so I've only built a few of the available projects.

2. OD -Akronym or Kliché with the chuck d bones mods. I recently put together a Phat Phuk B on vero that is pretty interesting too.

2.Fuzz should get subcategories.
- Muffs -Green Russian if you want something stock, Creampie if you want the thickness.
- Elka dizzy tone (gnat pcb) if you want to wrestle with a germanium/OG build, sounds amazing
- Fuzzy fox is my favorite octave fuzz for bass at pedalpcb but it's mostly bass friendly with the octave turned off. Bass players often prefer brassmasters (me) and scramblers for this since they include a clean blend. Those are available at madbean and aion.
- Others to consider: Snuffy/Aloysius for gated, Curds and Whey for weird, Arkaim for doom.

3. Ocelot is the classic but the octarock has a similar octave down plus a dirty octave up and some versatility.

5. N/A I use the Sushibox Nobelium. Ppcb doesn't have a di project yet but for the end of your chain a drebbel pre and frequency interchange are great if you aren't familiar. Equiluxe is overkill but also useful.

Echoing Mentaltossflycoon, with added alternatives

1) Creamery (DOD Milk Box) for squishy flavour, otherwise Thumbsucker for utility
2) OD: Chop Shop (Fairfield Barbershop) / Fuzz: Fornicus (SS/BS Fuck OD) or Arkaim (MountainKing Megalith) ; Kewpie for Muff
3) Ocelot (Boss OC-2) or Organ Donor (EQD Organizer)
5) N/A

I'd also add the Frequency Interchange that M'flycoon mentioned above as being mandatory, and put it in as 4, since it got skipped by the OP.
4) Frequency Interchange (HPF/LPF)

Non PPCB:
1) Diamond Bass-Comp clone from Lectric-FX or Aion
2) OD: ELS LILLIPUT / FUZZ: BYOC 360
3) Downtown by Lectric-FX (EHX DLX Multiplexer)
5) C2CE Nobelium; or ELS (Effects Layouts Storybordist) has some DI builds suitable for bass Sunndering & Sunßeam as well as a bypass board w/ DI)

4) Passinwind's HPF or Schalltechnik Vong Filterung

There are a number of BASS-specific threads on the forum similar to this one, I'd search & sift those, too.

For the RAT, I like the mods by Gordon Tranter, though there are others equally good (or could be included with Tranter's)
Not sure about bass mods for the BLUES BREAKER.

If we're sticking to pedalpcb:

1. Thumbsucker (though I haven't built the new Median and I suspect it's good too). Caveat- I'm not a big comp user so I've only built a few of the available projects.

2. OD -Akronym or Kliché with the chuck d bones mods. I recently put together a Phat Phuk B on vero that is pretty interesting too.

2.Fuzz should get subcategories.
- Muffs -Green Russian if you want something stock, Creampie if you want the thickness.
- Elka dizzy tone (gnat pcb) if you want to wrestle with a germanium/OG build, sounds amazing
- Fuzzy fox is my favorite octave fuzz for bass at pedalpcb but it's mostly bass friendly with the octave turned off. Bass players often prefer brassmasters (me) and scramblers for this since they include a clean blend. Those are available at madbean and aion.
- Others to consider: Snuffy/Aloysius for gated, Curds and Whey for weird, Arkaim for doom.

3. Ocelot is the classic but the octarock has a similar octave down plus a dirty octave up and some versatility.

5. N/A I use the Sushibox Nobelium. Ppcb doesn't have a di project yet but for the end of your chain a drebbel pre and frequency interchange are great if you aren't familiar. Equiluxe is overkill but also useful.
Thanks for the feedback, this is very helpful!! I will check out all the pedals you recommended and probably pick up a few. I've heard about the Nobelium, that seems to be the go-to.

Echoing Mentaltossflycoon, with added alternatives

1) Creamery (DOD Milk Box) for squishy flavour, otherwise Thumbsucker for utility
2) OD: Chop Shop (Fairfield Barbershop) / Fuzz: Fornicus (SS/BS Fuck OD) or Arkaim (MountainKing Megalith) ; Kewpie for Muff
3) Ocelot (Boss OC-2) or Organ Donor (EQD Organizer)
5) N/A

I'd also add the Frequency Interchange that M'flycoon mentioned above as being mandatory, and put it in as 4, since it got skipped by the OP.
4) Frequency Interchange (HPF/LPF)

Non PPCB:
1) Diamond Bass-Comp clone from Lectric-FX or Aion
2) OD: ELS LILLIPUT / FUZZ: BYOC 360
3) Downtown by Lectric-FX (EHX DLX Multiplexer)
5) C2CE Nobelium; or ELS (Effects Layouts Storybordist) has some DI builds suitable for bass Sunndering & Sunßeam as well as a bypass board w/ DI)

4) Passinwind's HPF or Schalltechnik Vong Filterung

There are a number of BASS-specific threads on the forum similar to this one, I'd search & sift those, too.

For the RAT, I like the mods by Gordon Tranter, though there are others equally good (or could be included with Tranter's)
Not sure about bass mods for the BLUES BREAKER.
Thanks much, will check this out too!! I will also have to look at the frequency interchange, thanks for mentioning that. Nobelium seems to be a frequent suggestion so I'm probably going to have to add that. The other mentions are interesting as well.

Thanks much, will check this out too!! I will also have to look at the frequency interchange, thanks for mentioning that. Nobelium seems to be a frequent suggestion so I'm probably going to have to add that. The other mentions are interesting as well.
Mentaltossflycoon mentioned the Freq Interchange first, I just see it as a must-have for ANY bass-board. Well, 98% of them.
He also mentioned the Drebbel, and
In fact, he mentioned all the favourites (Elka Dizzytone et al), the gleaming tip of the bassberg — when he mentions something as remarkable or noteworthy I take note and mark his words.

Mentaltossflycoon mentioned the Freq Interchange first, I just see it as a must-have for ANY bass-board. Well, 98% of them.
He also mentioned the Drebbel, and
In fact, he mentioned all the favourites (Elka Dizzytone et al), the gleaming tip of the bassberg — when he mentions something as remarkable or noteworthy I take note and mark his words.
Thanks!! This forum is really helpful and I appreciate everyone that has chimed in. I know I have a lot to learn and look forward to digging in more on these recommendations.

Back