SOLVED Low Tide issues…

Teddeeh

So one is not powering atall..

The other im getting a saggy power distorted bloomy sound. Hardly any modulation but i cant hear it proplerly anyway. Ive tried biasing the .. bias. And the gate but something isnt right. 5C3762BE-F4CC-43F6-918D-6935A29E4D3F.jpeg
This top one has the saggy distorted sound. Not much else.

0C7E7587-509C-4333-816C-D6852A0D0913.jpeg

This bottom one just dosent even turn on.

• Sad
Reactions: fig
Where did you get your 3207 chip? Also when you say not powering what do you mean? No led and no voltage across anything? How are you powering them and what does the under side of the board look like, also did you use something to definitely insulate the dual gang pot? (One layer of electrical tape has been known to fail…a lot)

Where did you get your 3207 chip? Also when you say not powering what do you mean? No led and no voltage across anything? How are you powering them and what does the under side of the board look like, also did you use something to definitely insulate the dual gang pot? (One layer of electrical tape has been known to fail…a lot)
So the 3207 chips i got from china. These are place holder but they work - all tested in mini low tides and ce-2 boards.

Underside of thr board looks fine- but i will post pics in a mo.

I use 320-400gsm card with a doubled over carpet tape to fix to the underside on the pot. Never had any issues in years with this method.

ok, let’s pick one to start with, let’s start with the one not powering at all, when you connect it to power can you take measurements at the positive pin and d3

Also how are you powering these?

apologies on lateness i have had too much on to get to these. so i figured out one issue, bad psu. electro harmonix psu failed giving off readings. changed and alot of duds are now working but still the great sea that wasnt powering on atall still is failing. will check voltage levels momentarily

Very good! Happy we started looking there to begin with. Was that the issue with both pedals then?
i did have a bridge on the one that just didnt work, but yes, both pedals and a number of others failed to test. i thougght i was in a bad luck spot or had a dud batch of parts, so i went through testing all components that were the same. but then i tested a pedal on my pedal board and vola!

Back