Low Tide Mini, Whine

Ctrl4Smilerz

Unbelievably everything seems to fit, and it makes a sound, but there is a constant high pitch whine, that only goes away if the Level is turned up about 2/3 of the way. At this point the whine goes away, there is a noticeable drop in volume, and it becomes much more distorted. This also happens across the spectrum of both trim pots. I used this guide to bias the pedal. As always, I really appreciate all the help from this awesome community!

PXL_20230715_163313477.MP.jpg PXL_20230715_163318410.jpg PXL_20230719_235430375.jpg

Last edited:
Any ideas? I'm really at a loss for this one. I thought maybe it's a grounding issue but I even sanded down the paint around the I/O jacks and made no difference. I've invested a lot of time in this one, and really would like to get it working.

Could an audio probe help here? Although I don't think the schematics are available for this one (at least I've never seen them), so might be tricky. Alternatively re-flowing solder joints might help.

Also, I think you posted one top side and two bottom sides, can you post the last top side too?

Edit: And a better picture of the bottom side with the pots so we could see the solder joints more clearly.

Could an audio probe help here? Although I don't think the schematics are available for this one (at least I've never seen them), so might be tricky. Alternatively re-flowing solder joints might help.

Also, I think you posted one top side and two bottom sides, can you post the last top side too?

Edit: And a better picture of the bottom side with the pots so we could see the solder joints more clearly.
So, I tried reflowing any questionable solder joints but that didn't help. Here is the top of the bottom board. PXL_20230724_014023495.jpg

Back