M800 no sound

xebraboi

Like the title says, just built an m800 preamp pedal and it’s getting power, led lights up, but no sound. There is sound when the pedal is bypassed. Here’s a picture of the guts if anyone can see anything obvious I’m overlooking. I thought it might be the jack grounding out but I’ve moved it around with no luck. 46E8A998-B23A-41D0-90D7-4B3A663DBD25.jpeg

It kinda looks like your negative from power is touching pin 1 of your middle pot. Any shots of the solder side?

did you use J201's if so where did you get them from

It kinda looks like your negative from power is touching pin 1 of your middle pot. Any shots of the solder side?

did you use J201's if so where did you get them from
No shots of the solder side :/ but i can confirm they’re not touching on the component side at least.

And yes, J201’s and I got them from mouser.

No shots of the solder side :/ but i can confirm they’re not touching on the component side at least.

And yes, J201’s and I got them from mouser.
That's good they are most likely legit at least. Have you adjusted your trimmers yet I believe you want the drain on each below 6v with the exception of the 4th.

That's good they are most likely legit at least. Have you adjusted your trimmers yet I believe you want the drain on each below 6v with the exception of the 4th.
I’ve adjusted the trimpots but also just to try and get some sound. First time using them for a build, so I’m not sure how to check the drain on them tbh.

Back