M800 - No Volume

DrumBuster

Hello everyone, after neglecting my project for almost a year, I finally built my M800, when trying it out, I noticed I had no volume. Bypass works great, j201s all biased to the right voltage (4.5v ish) save for one of them not doing it. It stays stuck at 2.7, is it possible that is the culprit? I got a 2N5458 just in case is a faulty transistor. I check every solder and ground and everything seems fine, led lights up. What it can be the issue? Thanks

Okay, I tested all 6 transistors and their trim pots, all work but I noticed the tone trimpot (I know that transistor has a fixed bias so that trimpot doesn’t do anything besides eq), I don’t see anything on the meter

Okay, I tested all 6 transistors and their trim pots, all work but I noticed the tone trimpot (I know that transistor has a fixed bias so that trimpot doesn’t do anything besides eq), I don’t see anything on the meter
Are you getting around 9v+ from the Drain on Q4, If not we will have to do a Continuity test on that!

I installed (horribly) the new transistors and they’re not biased at 5v ish each except the fixed one. But I noticed some capacitors at the bottom of the circuit arent responding to the test

I installed (horribly) the new transistors and they’re not biased at 5v ish each except the fixed one. But I noticed some capacitors at the bottom of the circuit arent responding to the test
Are you getting around 9v+ from the Drain on Q4 (Fixed One).
Continuity only tests if the trace has been damaged between Solder pads, Not across components.

Back