Mach 1 - (Greer Lightspeed)

jhaneyzz

OK.... so....

I would be really impressed with the sound of this pedal if I didn't have a pedal on my board right now that does what it aspires to just a bit better.

In my opinion, the Lightspeed does only one thing. It does it well, but on a I would be willing to guess that proponents of this pedal find the settings they like and never touch the knobs much. That is NOT a bad thing, In fact, nearing 60 pedals built I am definitely migrating to pedals of brilliance and away from "flexible" pedals.

The Mach 1 is a great, tight, overdrive and the tone control allows you to nicely tweak the bight. I find myself keeping teh gain left of noon always (despite the photo) and it would definitely be a contender for permanent placement on the board... but...

It's just that I have an Informant build on my board from Dan which is spending a few weeks here and it just kicks the shit out of the Greer...

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight, no matter how sharp the blade.

Fun, simple, build. Tiny board gave me plenty to room for creative marble placement and gratuitously long wire runs just for fun.

The twisted tendril LED support is just for you @Robert...

Willing to trade this build for something fun....

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7462.jpg

IMG_7465.jpg

...and the led anode's wire is a bit longer : I'm afraid it is completely destroying the balance of the whole wiring ?

With a JRC5532, is it still a Mach 1 ? I am not trying to quibble, but wouldn't OPA2134 or OPA2132 make a difference of signal definition and precision in this application ?

Last edited:
Nice avatar image...
On the iphone you have to go into send message, and start to compose a message. Then click on camera, then on the star at the bottom left, then click on the red, green and blue circles. Then you get a pallet of different filters you can apply, the first is original, the next is cartoon. That's the filter I used for the avatar.

Instead of clicking on the filters, you can also select emoji and become a shark or alien. I usually send the message to myself and then it stores it automatically in the pictures folder. There's a whole bunch of new effects I haven't even looked at yet........

I was thinking of that crazy guy on one of your pedals when I snapped this, lol....

1681104396166.png
Umm.....
1681104573418.png

On the iphone you have to go into send message, and start to compose a message. Then click on camera, then on the star at the bottom left, then click on the red, green and blue circles. Then you get a pallet of different filters you can apply, the first is original, the next is cartoon. That's the filter I used for the avatar.

Instead of clicking on the filters, you can also select emoji and become a shark or alien. I usually send the message to myself and then it stores it automatically in the pictures folder. There's a whole bunch of new effects I haven't even looked at yet........

I was thinking of that crazy guy on one of your pedals when I snapped this, lol....

View attachment 45824
Umm.....
View attachment 45825
You have come far, but still much to learn padawan...

Man that is artistry ... so smooth and flowing...

If I tried that, there'd be kinks and hugely misshapen wires that obviously were not meant to bend that way...

Get bent.

1681104396166-png.45824
1681140866129.png

Attachments

• 1681140729548.png
    1681140729548.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
...and the led anode's wire is a bit longer : I'm afraid it is completely destroying the balance of the whole wiring ?

With a JRC5532, is it still a Mach 1 ? I am not trying to quibble, but wouldn't OPA2134 or OPA2132 make a difference of signal definition and precision in this application ?
Great build! And yes, I'd say it's worth it to try it with a OPA2134. Would love to here what you think

Back