Mach 1/Mahayana Dual Pedal Switch Pop

The Grand Wazoo

Active member
Greetings,

Well there is no shortage of switch pop posts. I'm at my wits end here. I've read more than I care to about switch pop. Unfortunately, none have solved my issue. If anyone has ideas of what the issue can be, I would welcome your input.

  • On the Mach 1 side, I get a pop when engaging and disengaging.
  • On the Mahayana side, I get a pop when engaging but not disengaging.
  • On the 4PDT order switch I get a pop both ways.
  • Changing the order switch does not change the behavior of the Mach 1 or Mahayana popping.
Here's what I've tried.
  • Went through the @comradehoser troubleshooting order of operation
    • Verified component values
    • Voltage reading for ICs and transistors (below)
    • Continuity checks between components and off-board items
    • DIdn't use the audio probe because I'm getting the effect - they sound great! - they just pop
  • Tried putting a 1M pull down resistor on the output jack - no help
  • 1M resistors from the 3PDT switch ground to output - no help
  • Disconnected all LEDs - no help
  • Put a 100nF cap across the input terminals on the 3PDT switch
  • 100nF on 3PDT Switch.png
    • This actually helped a great deal but rolled off ALL of the high end.

Probing and measurements:
Mahayana Side
NE5532 Op Amp
  • Pin 1: 4.7V
  • Pin 2: 4.46V
  • Pin 3: 4.17V
  • Pin 4: 0V
  • Pin 5: 4.43V
  • Pin 6: 4.46V
  • Pin 7: 4.46V
  • Pin 8: 9.14V
Q1
  • Drain: 4.47V
  • Gate: 4.47V
  • Source: 4.34V
Q2
  • Drain: 4.46V
  • Gate: 4.46V
  • Source: 4.38V
DC on I/O
  • Output Jack: 0.5mV
  • 3PDT Out: 0.7mV
  • Input Jack: 1.3mV
  • 3PDT In 0.5mV
Cap and diode polarity:
  • All correct
Wiring
  • Solid
Grounds
  • All connected including enclosure
  • Used the DC Jack Breakout
Mach 1 Side
OPA2134 Op Amp
  • Pin 1: 4.96V
  • Pin 2: 4.97V
  • Pin 3: 4.48V
  • Pin 4: 0V
  • Pin 5: 4.95V
  • Pin 6: 4.96V
  • Pin 7: 4.96V
  • Pin 8: 9.13V
DC on I/O
  • Output Jack 0.5mV
  • 3PDT Out 0.3mV
  • Input Jack 1.3mV
  • 3PDT In 0.5mV
Cap and diode polarity:
  • All correct
Wiring
  • Solid
Grounds
  • All connected including enclosure
  • Used the DC Jack Breakout
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    722.5 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top