Madbean Archibald

Synchrony Pedalworks

Early in my pedal building, I made a Mod tube circuit from Amplified Parts. I found that pedal to be lacking, so I was skeptical about this pedal. However, I was wrong. This pedal rips! I preferred the stock (no buffer) and EQ settings. I used 9 Vs, but wonder what 12 would do.

I made one slight error that caused some frustration. I installed the tube daughter board backwards. To salvage the daughter board properly, I had to sacrifice the tube socket and headers. Fortunately, the board did well and was easily rectified with new parts.

This was also my second UV print. It was fairly easy to use Adobe Illustrator to isolate the picture from the original pedal and incorporate it into this project. I was really pleased. Thanks to all of your help and prior posts detailing your process!

IMG_4815.jpeg IMG_4813.jpeg

It does sound a bit more open at 12v. There just aren't a ton of pedal power supplies that offer a 12v @ 350mA tap. It's possible to do a high voltage version using just a 9v tap and I might look into that at some point.

Looks great, BTW!

It does sound a bit more open at 12v. There just aren't a ton of pedal power supplies that offer a 12v @ 350mA tap. It's possible to do a high voltage version using just a 9v tap and I might look into that at some point.

Looks great, BTW!
If you do a high voltage version, let me know. I would love to make it! Great pedal!

I have mine on a 12v tap of a pedal power 3 currently. Before that, I stuck it to my pedal board I was using a 12v center positive power supply (which are more common) with one of those reverse voltage adapters (the red cable/tip).

Last edited:
I have mine on a 12v tap of a pedal power 3 currently. Before I stuck it to my pedal board I was using a 12v center positive power supply (which are more common) with one of those reverse voltage adapters (the red cable/tip).
The big 'A' has one that I'm using. Also center positive. It's adjustable from 3 to 24 volts and rated at 2.5 amps. Had to do some plumbing to make the polarity compatible for use with pedals. Wasn't very expensive. Doesn't have a polarized A.C. plug, but seems to have a preference for which lug goes into the hot side of an A.C. outlet. It will arc slightly at the lug if you plug it in 'backwards'. So, I've marked the plug end by the supposed hot lug. No arc then. I think this supply is not unique in this respect. On the back it says 'Kejiesheng' power supply. Also has a digital readout as to output voltage. It's quite accurate too.

Actually, our friend Thomas H over at THCustom offers one already. I had forgotten about that! It doesn't have the switches and dual tone control like the Archi but it looks like a super solid project.
Do you, or anyone else here, have any experience with the TH Custom Epic Looper?

Back