Madbeans pastyface volume pot change

Locrian99

This is more just me wanting to understand whats happening here… i probably will just wait to finish this until i have a 500ka. So anyways…

Seems like since its just a voltage divider i can change the value of the volume pot without too much issue. But is it also forming a LPF with c7. So would i need to change c7 accordingly? And would i do that by say in an rc filter calculator plugging in 500k and 150 pf, similar would be 250 and 330 or 1M and 68pf. Is this how id figure it out? In changing that value. Im assuming it doesnt play much of a role in the output impedance of the circuit due to r11. Hopefully this question makes sense.

IMG_7814.png

I don't have the answers to your questions, but wanted to raise the issue of the vol-pot's sweep.
An A100k or A250k pot is going to change how the sweep feels, might make volume adjustments tweaky-fiddly.

500k & 150pF = 2123Hz
250k & 330pF = 1930Hz
1M & 68pF = 2341.7Hz

R11 is a pull-down-resistor that helps minimise popping when switching the pedal in/out of the chain, mainly out I imagine.
I think the reason it's 1M is to minimise its affect on output-impedance.

R10 is going to be more involved with setting output impedance than R11, I think.

Back
Top Bottom