Magnetron Delay Problem

Jovi Bon Kenobi

Here's the problem. When I test the board out of the enclosure I get two possible outcomes:
a.) I only get one repeat turning the full range of feedback knob with self oscillation at the very end, the dry signal is quieter than the repeats, there is faint RF, and my overall guitar signal is quieter when the pedal is engaged than when it is bypassed.
Or b.) It works perfectly with none of the above issues so I put it back into the enclosure and the problems come back.

Upon wiggling connections and stuff I can't seem to force replicate a vs b. I thought I may have solved it when I noticed that the OPA2134 was slightly lifted from it's socket and it cleared when I pushed it back in. However, once back in the enclosure the problems came back.

Link to schematic here: Magnetron Delay

I built the PCB with a couple mods added:
1. Momentary feedback footswitch
2. Internal gain trimpot moved to external control

I drew this up to make it easier to understand:
Screenshot_20201011-163624~6.png

Photos incoming as soon as my housemate is out of the shared music room/my work area. ?

Last edited:
Hey Jovie Bon Kenobi,
I want to do the momentary mod too but im curious if you figured out a way to press the momentary mod and not let it spiral out to feedback oscillation, rather just repeat until I let go, and then let it come back normal gradually.

Also, was your first wiring diagram the correct way? or the second way?

Back