Magnetron Delay

Locrian99

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Another build report :)

I picked up the magnetron board a couple weeks ago because I was ordering the duo phase board, a build I was doing for someone else (they were paying shipping) and we’ll figure I couldn’t let that go to waste and this was the only thing that popped in my head at that moment. A good friend of mine and I both recently got rid of our dd7’s. I traded mine for a epi valve jr head (I paid 50$ for the dd7 felt like a win) and he picked up a keeley caverns (he really liked the spring reverb on it compared to pretty much anything else he has tried). I rarely used my dd7, I also have a seabed I built and I had mainly been using that as I’m kind of the I like my delay to be the type where you don’t know it’s on until you turn it off. But he kept blabbering on about this caverns pedal so I decided to order the delay portion. Looking at the schematic it’s a pretty standard pt2399 build the clipping diodes kind of threw me off and thought the gain trim was odd (set mine at noon, sounds good haven’t moved it). In my somewhat limited time to play around with it, it’s cool I like the modulation option. Something I would use very subtle if at all though. I will do some a/b testing of the seabed vs this and see which I prefer. I think it will be this since it has the option atleadt of the modulation.

Since this wasn’t planned I hadn’t ordered parts specifically for it. So we’ve got some solder lug pots in there and pcb mounted. couldn’t find my box 100n caps (found em last night) so we’ve got greenies all over and switched jacks (I’m still thinking there’s a tayda bag of 20 jacks in my garage). I forgot to wire the rate led to turn off when in bypass and didn’t care enough fix it after. And since the modulation. Pretty much lives near off the led is off. I scavenged an op275 from deep blue delay build I did on vero as I think my 2nd build. Was in a 1590bb for some reason. Though I suspect a tl072 would worn equally as well.

Good little delay pedal that I would recommend d for someone like myself that uses it sparingly and the modulation option is nice.

Least I changed the font from the Aphrodite and mystery meat builds… same pot layout…same paint etc… A5D1F493-67BD-42D7-877C-F5241BA59447.jpeg 90E120A0-7661-4DA8-8514-597477563774.jpeg

Last edited:
Another build report :)

I picked up the magnetron board a couple weeks ago because I was ordering the duo phase board, a build I was doing for someone else (they were paying shipping) and we’ll figure I couldn’t let that go to waste and this was the only thing that popped in my head at that moment. A good friend of mine and I both recently got rid of our dd7’s. I traded mine for a epi valve jr head (I paid 50$ for the dd7 felt like a win) and he picked up a keeley caverns (he really liked the spring reverb on it compared to pretty much anything else he has tried). I rarely used my dd7, I also have a seabed I built and I had mainly been using that as I’m kind of the I like my delay to be the type where you don’t know it’s on until you turn it off. But he kept blabbering on about this caverns pedal so I decided to order the delay portion. Looking at the schematic it’s a pretty standard pt2399 build the clipping diodes kind of threw me off and thought the gain trim was odd (set mine at noon, sounds good haven’t moved it). In my somewhat limited time to play around with it, it’s cool I like the modulation option. Something I would use very subtle if at all though. I will do some a/b testing of the seabed vs this and see which I prefer. I think it will be this since it has the option atleadt of the modulation.

Since this wasn’t planned I hadn’t ordered parts specifically for it. So we’ve got some solder lug pots in there and pcb mounted. couldn’t find my box 100n caps (found em last night) so we’ve got greenies all over and switched jacks (I’m still thinking there’s a tayda bag of 20 jacks in my garage). I forgot to wire the rate led to turn off when in bypass and didn’t care enough fix it after. And since the modulation. Pretty much lives near off the led is off. I scavenged an op275 from deep blue delay build I did on vero as I think my 2nd build. Was in a 1590bb for some reason. Though I suspect a tl072 would worn equally as well.

Good little delay pedal that I would recommend d for someone like myself that uses it sparingly and the modulation option is nice.

Least I changed the font from the Aphrodite and mystery meat builds… same pot layout…same paint etc…View attachment 38656View attachment 38657
I noticed something when ordering the parts to make this pedal: there is only a 7.2mm X 2.5mm for a 330n film capacitor, both with GuitarPedalParts.com and tayda.com. However, the specs call for it to be 7.2 x 5mm, and I see you have a 5mm marked as "334k63" in the C14 spot on the pcb. This part, and only this part, has me concerned about using my 2.5mm part in the build. Any help I can get with that would be appreciated. Thanks!

I noticed something when ordering the parts to make this pedal: there is only a 7.2mm X 2.5mm for a 330n film capacitor, both with GuitarPedalParts.com and tayda.com. However, the specs call for it to be 7.2 x 5mm, and I see you have a 5mm marked as "334k63" in the C14 spot on the pcb. This part, and only this part, has me concerned about using my 2.5mm part in the build. Any help I can get with that would be appreciated. Thanks!
Either will work fine.

Here’s a pic of the two side by side AEC0E99A-699B-4EF0-B975-AC41B0EA8ED6.jpeg 1A5FC4EA-FC66-49CA-9A70-AF35A8E0AFFC.jpeg

If you want the 5mm one it’s from stompboxparts.com. It just so happened I grabbed that bag instead of the other one that day is all.

Back