Making sense of the 9 pin jack.

Pauleo1214

I am building an electronic acoustic that uses a L.R. Baggs preamp with a piezo and a active pickup.

I will be using two 9V batteries to power the thing. Where I stopped in my tracks is where to connect the negative terminal of the second battery powering the pickup.

The preamp has positive and negative terminals for 9 volt power. However it all goes to a 9 pin jack with no explanation of what wires make what connection to the jack. The jack came pre-wired with the preamp and it looks like the ring is wired for stereo operation. So where do I put the second negative battery wire to avoid drainage?

Here are the power wires for the preamp.
20240106_222730.jpg

Here is the jack.
20240106_222714.jpg

And feel link to the manual.

L.R. Baggs Ctrl-X: Installation Manual & User's Guide https://lr-baggs.squarespace.com/s/lr-baggs-control-x-install-manual-user-guide.pdf

Thank you!

Two 9v batteries in series to get 18v.
(Hopefully I'm getting at what you're asking.)

Only one of these two connections needs to go to the ring to break the circuit when the jack is pulled, almost always the negative. In other words, the wire between the two batteries is always unbroken.

1704601620485.png

Two 9v batteries in series to get 18v.
(Hopefully I'm getting at what you're asking.)

Only one of these two connections needs to go to the ring to break the circuit when the jack is pulled, almost always the negative.

View attachment 65244
I was hoping to connect two in parallel but I suppose doing it in series solves my problem too!

I was hoping to connect two in parallel but I suppose doing it in series solves my problem too!
Oh, whoops, I assumed that 2 batteries meant it was an 18v system. My bad.

In that case, Giovanni's advice above is correct. You only have 2 wires to connect, and they go straight to the preamp board.

Back