Marble Drive (Ramble FX Marvel Drive)

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Next up is an MIAB.

There was an earlier thread about how someone built it and it doesn't sound like the real thing.
I'm not sure what became of that but it's a nice sounding MIAB albeit a bit bright.

I can only run it with the Presence control all the way off and just a touch of the treble gain.

Someone mentioned that this is just another Golden Falk. Well aside from the controls I don't see/hear a lot of similarity.

Both the Marble and Falk mimic the Normal and Treble channels of a 4 hole Marshall. You dial the two gains to taste.

The Falk has a LOT more bass content. The Marble would probably excel at lifting out of a band mix but the Falk is much more satisfying to play for me.
(The rumble in the nether regions) Neat pedal!

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6144.JPG

...it's a nice sounding MIAB albeit a bit bright.

I can only run it with the Presence control all the way off and just a touch of the treble gain.
You can try increasing C16 from 3.9nF to 10nF or even 22nF. I think A500K is way too high for the PRESENCE control. You might want to try A50K or A100K. If you want to breadboard it first, you can breadboard just C16, PRESENCE & MASTER. Use A100K for MASTER on the breadboard so it doesn't load the filter. Feed your Marble Drive into the breadboard with the Marble's PRESENCE & MASTER dimed. Once you get the breadboard dialed-in, then you can replace C16 & the PRESENCE pot.

Back