MC6870A - What is it?

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor
So i just recently bought an assorted lot from Ebay. I haven't gotten it yet and im trying to look up some of the components that i can see in the pic.

There's a component that reads MC6870A. I looked it up and this is what i got:

MC6870A Datasheet

Apparently its a 2 phase microprocessor clock. Just would like to know some more info if anyone has any and if this is even usable in any way shape or form in our guitar pedals.

RCA 3N128 - I cant tell if thats just a regular MOSFET or something else entirely.
Seems like it. It talks about its ‘high-speed’ performance (i.e., 200MHz). It’s certainly above the audio signals we’re concerned with, but quite slow compared to modern computing. You could give it a shot in a circuit replacing another n-channel MOSFET.

Seems like it. It talks about its ‘high-speed’ performance (i.e., 200MHz). It’s certainly above the audio signals we’re concerned with, but quite slow compared to modern computing. You could give it a shot in a circuit replacing another n-channel MOSFET.
Great to know! Im going to give it a shot when it comes in. Might try it in the current FF build I have.

Back