Meathead- Madbean Snack Shack, now with silver foil graphic!

Harry Klippton

Old build, new enclosure, new silver foil graphic! Regular meathead circuit on a board from Madbean. Blinding white LED

I got this board in February 2019 as a giveaway from Madbean. I took it apart several times over the years cuz I thought it wasn't working and at some point I finally realized I had my hot and ground wires swapped on the jacks going to the footswitch on an unfamiliar breakout board 🤡 it worked but sounded friggin awful. I had built another one on an etched board for a friend, so I knew something was up. Anyway, fast forward to 2021 where it was working and I had a misdrilled enclosure for it and made this graphic layout. Then last week I finally got to print it and assemble.

I've had this silver foil paper since the middle of last year sometime and finally got a chance to use it. Like the gold foil, it's fragile during application but looks great. It's also hard to photograph and see just how shiny it is.

No sound clip on this one. Regular life is not permitting me the necessary time to do so right now. If that changes in the relative future, I'll add them. It's the kind of fuzz that sounds like a fuzz but you can also play power chords with, but not the kind of fuzz that people say is like a better fuzz but it's just a distortion. I like it equally with guitars in standard tuning and down tuned.

signal-2022-06-02-08-54-54-837.jpg signal-2022-06-03-17-03-32-091.jpg

@Harry Klippton

The Meathead is D*A*M’s take on the One Knob Fuzz, right?

Looking forward to those clips but I do remember what it was like with very young ones. That was the time where I basically didn’t play, build, etc. for about 5-6 years.

@Harry Klippton

The Meathead is D*A*M’s take on the One Knob Fuzz, right?

Looking forward to those clips but I do remember what it was like with very young ones. That was the time where I basically didn’t play, build, etc. for about 5-6 years.
Yeah it's a version of the colorsound one-knob.

Summer is hard. If I'm not mowing or splitting wood, I'm falling behind, and my daughter can't reach the clutch on the tractor or swing a maul yet

Yeah it's a version of the colorsound one-knob.

Summer is hard. If I'm not mowing or splitting wood, I'm falling behind, and my daughter can't reach the clutch on the tractor or swing a maul yet

I hear you. I don’t recall where you are geographically, but early summer here in Central NY is when I try to keep my deck high and not now the grass too low. That means twice a week I’m mowing, not to mention all the other shit to do around the yard, i.e. flowers, mulch, etc.

Plus I’ve got a major hardscape overhaul in the front this year.

As a side note: My oldest (he’s 9 now) was born during my junior year in college. I was working 32 hours a week at Sears in the warehouse and doing school full time. Between work, studying and trying my best to be a good dad, I had zero time to do anything, including sleep!

Back