Mischief Forever (Dingo - Triad Distortion - Pandora's Box)

DGWVI

A three-in-one featuring my favorite variants of the RAT topology. All feature NOS LM108 for the clipping stage

Dingo is mostly stock, except for the clipping diodes- I used a 1n5817 in place of the germanium, and 1n4750 in place of the 4148s because they look cool

Triad / Muroidea has just a few minor tweaks, the biggest being the feedback cap being reduced from 100p to 10p so it doesn't get quite as muddy at higher Distortion settings. No clipping diodes in this one

The Pandora has @Chuck D. Bones Bass control, though I used a 100u, as I'm out of 47u, and his Drive pot in place of the resistors and toggles on the original. Features the scoop control lifted from the ZVex Octane placed immediately after the tone pot. Reduced R19 to 470k to compensate for the volume lost with he scoop control. Red LEDs for clipping because they're my jam. Metal can chips for the envelope detector and input gain stage cuz of mojo reasons.

Still deciding what knobs I wanna use. Leaning toward the Brutalist style, though

received_426011323067376.jpeg received_793240391901876.jpeg

I have the Pandora in my pile and some metal can 308's for them woohooo! Can you post a link to Chuck's bass control mod? Worth doing?

Back