Missing Build Docs / Schematics

Oooh me too. Just finished building and it looks like I gotta trace 😫
Oh no, I hope not! I've been waiting for years for the Binaura PCBs to become available.
I'm hoping the build doc/BOM includes alternate part numbers for the rotary switch (Mouser would be ideal) as it wasn't in stock when I ordered.

Looking for build documentation/ bom for the flock harmonizing fuzz. I found the drill template earlier.
BOM is here

Just curious about the new revision build docs for the ADHD. I was going to build it as per the PCB, but wasn't sure which version that would be (I understand there are several) and if updated docs would show the differences as to the versions. Thanks!
I agree. I too am very curious as to the status of the build update for the ADHD. I'm kind of sitting on this particular build, waiting for the new docs to come through. Any guesses as to when that might be?

I agree. I too am very curious as to the status of the build update for the ADHD. I'm kind of sitting on this particular build, waiting for the new docs to come through. Any guesses as to when that might be?
Same here... I went ahead and built one... but it sounds different than the OCD I have right beside it. I followed the values on the board, but the OCD has a 1M gain pot, compared to the 500k on the pcb

Same here... I went ahead and built one... but it sounds different than the OCD I have right beside it. I followed the values on the board, but the OCD has a 1M gain pot, compared to the 500k on the pcb
There are a few different OCD versions as far as I understand, maybe the one Robert traced is different than the one you have?

There are a few different OCD versions as far as I understand, maybe the one Robert traced is different than the one you have?
I'm not sure... my understanding from what I could find on other communities is the big changes to each one were more oriented in the diode section... I just took a hail Mary and swapped the gain pot to a 1m, and it's WAY closer... The gain with the 500k was just too weak, unless CRANKED to 10...
I'm building this for a friend who wanted me to make a more improved version of his 1.7 OCD... The Pedal I built was great but just didn't sound close enough to the core sound... I ended up using 4148 diodes because they sounded tighter and more crisp. I socketed the diodes and ran a gamut of diodes and the "lowly" 4148 sounded the best to my ear... better than the Russian Germanium flavors I had... but the gain just wasn't there...
I swapped the gain pot and now this pedal is doing the thing... It's less noisy, more crisp and precise, etc etc... VERY pleased compared to an hour ago where I was afraid I'd be giving my buddy a downgraded pedal...

Granted, I adjusted a few components, favoring some that tested a bit high/low to sort of gently tune the noise and muddy "flabby" aspect out of my build compared to the original...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820_201936_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230820_201936_Instagram.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 11
I'm not sure... my understanding from what I could find on other communities is the big changes to each one were more oriented in the diode section... I just took a hail Mary and swapped the gain pot to a 1m, and it's WAY closer... The gain with the 500k was just too weak, unless CRANKED to 10...
I'm building this for a friend who wanted me to make a more improved version of his 1.7 OCD... The Pedal I built was great but just didn't sound close enough to the core sound... I ended up using 4148 diodes because they sounded tighter and more crisp. I socketed the diodes and ran a gamut of diodes and the "lowly" 4148 sounded the best to my ear... better than the Russian Germanium flavors I had... but the gain just wasn't there...
I swapped the gain pot and now this pedal is doing the thing... It's less noisy, more crisp and precise, etc etc... VERY pleased compared to an hour ago where I was afraid I'd be giving my buddy a downgraded pedal...

Granted, I adjusted a few components, favoring some that tested a bit high/low to sort of gently tune the noise and muddy "flabby" aspect out of my build compared to the original...
That's so cool! Are those the only changes that you made, compared with what's printed on the PCB? (Using 4148s as the diodes and an A1M for the gain pot.)

That's so cool! Are those the only changes that you made, compared with what's printed on the PCB? (Using 4148s as the diodes and an A1M for the gain pot.)
Yes, that's the only significant changes... I made. I tested all my caps to make sure they were as close to spec as possible... My version definitely had a cleaner feel to it... didn't have that muffled thing going on the v 1.7 OCD did... I also felt the OCD was very quick to have an "overloaded" gain thing and tone, even with the knobs set very low... The ADHD is certainly more "well rounded"...
You have plenty of room to go up or down with the controls vs the OCD which seemed (to me) to start maxing out very early on from zero... The LP setting isn't nearly as muddy and the HP setting isn't nearly as obnoxious with the high end...

and to be clear (can't remember if I mentioned it before in this thread), I tested several Germanium flavors. I installed sockets for the diodes so I could swap them in and out easily. I felt the GEs were too "papery" sounding and had a funky midrange thing going on...

To my ear, the 4148's were more "precise" sounding... a nice compressed and percussive type drive like you'd get from a crunchy Marshall. The GE's sounded more like a cranked Fender thing where the speakers sort of get "saggy"

and to be clear (can't remember if I mentioned it before in this thread), I tested several Germanium flavors. I installed sockets for the diodes so I could swap them in and out easily. I felt the GEs were too "papery" sounding and had a funky midrange thing going on...

To my ear, the 4148's were more "precise" sounding... a nice compressed and percussive type drive like you'd get from a crunchy Marshall. The GE's sounded more like a cranked Fender thing where the speakers sort of get "saggy"
The 1.7 didn’t have any diodes installed there just the mosfet 2n7000’s I’m pretty sure. The 1.4 they added a the diode, which also changed the clipping to assymetrical. They the removed it. Then after 2.0’xame out they released a germanium version. Threw two diodes in that cost him probably 50 cents put it in a blue box and charged an extra 100 bucks. But with two it stayed symetrical.

I would try it without any and see
What you think of you’re comparing it to a 1.7. Or even try just one. See what you like.

The 1.7 didn’t have any diodes installed there just the mosfet 2n7000’s I’m pretty sure. The 1.4 they added a the diode, which also changed the clipping to assymetrical. They the removed it. Then after 2.0’xame out they released a germanium version. Threw two diodes in that cost him probably 50 cents put it in a blue box and charged an extra 100 bucks. But with two it stayed symetrical.

I would try it without any and see
What you think of you’re comparing it to a 1.7. Or even try just one. See what you like.
I'll keep that in mine on the next one I build... I already sent this one to it's new home... went ahead and soldered the diodes into the sockets before I did. I'm waiting for feedback (A buddy of mine requested I build it as an alternative to his OCD...

Back