Moar! aka damn these Tayda metallics are hot!

Diynot

But really, it’s a Parasit “Into the Unknown” and a PPCB “Hydra” delay. After borking the drill job on the first ITU that I built for a friend I swore I would never build another, that and of the PLL style pedals I have tried, I find this one to be a tad more unruly, but here we are. Went together easy enough and sounds like I remember it. The best part is the winked silver powder coat, that with the blue gets my engine revving. Maybe at some point I will get some labels on it, but for now it will live up to it’s name and every time I twist a knob it will be “into the unknown”
84E0BC76-9566-4F0C-8DC7-E987D463B9C9.jpeg E9909E1C-7D6C-4199-A091-F821736C5DFF.jpeg

Next is the Hydra delay. Total impulse buy when I happened to see that the pre soldered fv-1 boards were in stock. Haven’t played much with it, but like what I am hearing so far. It def does the multiple head delay more like I expected the Sagan to do. I am more inclined to leave this in rotation than the Sagan. I do not love 1/8w resistor builds, but obviously don’t let it stop me. I need some meat to my resistor leads so I don’t feel like I am going to rip them off. This is boxed in the metallic candy yellow, tasty!
0F26C230-DD71-44C2-8EE7-7D7A94703D9A.jpeg 5FB684A0-D965-4490-BFDE-761F73F3B668.jpeg

Yawn....the Tayda Metallics are so like last month....it's all about the Sand textures now........:ROFLMAO:

J/K, awesome looking builds and super clean. Do you clean the flux off the pot legs after soldering?
I usually solder my pots with them mounted in the enclosure, so it's one of the last things I solder before off board wiring.
Super convenient getting the board to fit but also makes it hard to clean them inside the box. Yours look all nice and shiny.
Wonder how you do it.

Oh and I got my Tayda order in today, and got one of the "Dark Metallic Gold" 125B's.. I've used the "Light Gold" on my Golden Falk. It doesn't look all that much darker to me but it's still a really pretty enclosure.

Yawn....the Tayda Metallics are so like last month....it's all about the Sand textures now........:ROFLMAO:

J/K, awesome looking builds and super clean. Do you clean the flux off the pot legs after soldering?
I usually solder my pots with them mounted in the enclosure, so it's one of the last things I solder before off board wiring.
Super convenient getting the board to fit but also makes it hard to clean them inside the box. Yours look all nice and shiny.
Wonder how you do it.

Oh and I got my Tayda order in today, and got one of the "Dark Metallic Gold" 125B's.. I've used the "Light Gold" on my Golden Falk. It doesn't look all that much darker to me but it's still a really pretty enclosure.
Oh, I have done my fair share of sand texture too. I do really like the black. I’ve got three boards in the queue, might have to try at least one of the new sand texture colors. I actually have never cleaned a board in the time I’ve been doing this. In fact, I just switched solder from Wyctin to Kester and I feel like the kester is leaving more of a flux residue than the wyctin. Could simply be because it’s a larger diameter wire, dunno. The only other thing is I try and be as precise as possible with my heat application. The gold ones were nice, but it was the yellow that really caught my eye.

Wonder how you do it.
I've had good results with Q-Tips and IPA.
Good job on the builds @Diynot. That ITU looks great!

Back