Molex type pcb board-2-board wire plug connector assemblies

Hey guys, Ive been wanting to try using some form of removable snap in plug/pin header terminals to make off board and main board->switch pcb connections.
I was hoping you could give me advice or recommend a specific product. The main thing though is I need a setup with wire already connected.. Because the tool needed to crimp the connectors to wire is like 750$!!
I believe these would eliminate a ton of problems and frustration I have with the off board wiring..

Nearly every time whether fitting pots to the board or boxing up the finished circuit..
**SNAP! I’ve broken a lead on the pcb. Now a finished working circuit has to be fixed.

I don’t know if I’m the only one.. But more often than not the wire breaks right at the pcb joint. It’s really hard to remove stranded wire, And the process can break a 2nd-3rd wire in the process! I’ve also inadvertently burned or damaged components & lifted pads during this process. All this adds a bunch of extra work and time that I’d love to do away with.
Here’s what I had in mind similar to these photos; 3C880D0B-5EA9-4FED-B524-044F0FD79B7F.jpeg 4C791D1A-827D-4727-9BD9-93419F46106C.jpeg F5514410-B771-4A9F-B419-E759090287DE.jpeg

Reactions: fig
I've got several jewel cases of those terminals and pigtails. They make a hand crimper, which works well enough for one-at-a-time assembly. If you are wanting to market these you may want to look at an assembly service, which spreads the cost, avoiding a capital expenditure.

one thing I haven't seen done very much but should work is to install regular sockets and just insert wire into them, 22 ga solid wire makes a very secure connection in my experience

I use molex connectors every now and then, and I use a good pair of needle nose to crimp the pins onto wire. I've not had a problem with any of them, though, keep in mind I've had 30 years practice! I would definitely recommend them, they make for a good board connection. In my experience, pin sockets are often more trouble than they are worth..

Back