Moonn - Aglio e Olio fuzz

Mentaltossflycoon

Here we have another pedal that I've built mostly because I had never heard of the pedal the project is inspired by. Montarbo Sinfhoton is also a pretty cool sounding name. According to Moonn's blurb, it's from Italy in the 60's and is called by some "the Italian big muff." They question this comparison, as do I. Looking more like a face of some sort to me. Body parts aside, it's an always maxed gain fuzz with a 2 band eq and volume control. It's definitely useable on bass, especially when you consider the vintage, but it's not going to be shifting anything off my pedalboard yet. It's still an excellent little fuzz for how cheap and easy it is to pull together. I reclaimed the pots off some underwhelming circuits so I wouldn't have to wait on shipping therefore it was especially inexpensive.

Screenshot_20230817_012149.jpg Screenshot_20230817-012358_Gallery.jpg

It's got a funny volume pot clean up. Not quite like a fuzz face in that would back off to being fairly clean but the most compelling tones I got out of this box were with the volume slightly rolled back on my p bass. Again, not clean/od but an interesting texture of medium fuzziness.

Last edited:
Back