Moonn Lo-Fran (Pedals for Ukraine)

Mentaltossflycoon

So here we have my favorite bass fuzz right now. Moonn's take on the Frantone Lo-tone Classic Fuzz. I have been sitting on this project unhoused for a few months while I decide on what to do with it aesthetically. When I was deciding what to contribute to the auction, with the pcbs I had in hand, it made more sense to just box it up rather than rehousing something I liked less or had never played.

I've seen people online liken the tones to the bender family but I don't know much about all that. It's just got the right amount of thickness to me. Baby bear porridge. Backing off the fuzz all the way is still pretty gnarly so maybe not the widest array of dirt but the whole turn of the knob sounds good. Wild to wilder. Plays nice with the Ocelot/EHX HOG/meatbox. My favorite thing right now is hitting this with the fuzzy fox. That's a likely combo pedal in my future. I was a Fran Blanche fan before but now I have a mission to procure an authentic one outta respect.

Graphic is sunflowers and roses (Portland reference) with the colors glitched out. Printed on clear vinyl. Under the footswitcht says "low tone fuzz" in Ukrainian according to google translate.

For extra mojo, I used a gorva 3pdt and the lumberg jacks that Fig sent me with the poetry slam prize goodies.

Screenshot_20220421-203717_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220421-203732_Gallery.jpg

Back