Moonn's Pew Pew (Supersonic Fuzz Gun)

tegendemuur

Is this the pcb (or Muskiding's kit) to go for when wanting to clone this unit? I can't seem to find anything worthwhile about it, opinion-wise. Sure, there's also the Fuzz Blaster kit by Guitar Mania, but that's nothing but bad news as far as I can tell. So, anyone a recommendation as to what's the best approach of putting this weird fuzz together?

I loved mine (bought in 2008 or so, no idea if they were different back then). Sold it, to buy a Chass Bliss' Bliss Factory, but found out that one's really not as wild as I expected it to be. Doesn't have that "metallic" edge to it, so now that I've started to delve into DIY, I thought it to be a nice little early project.

Last edited:
Not sure but having built the thing on vero previously, I couldn't be arsed again to test transistors that make it sound "good" or at least "correct".

Of the PCBGM PCBs, Fuzz Blaster is known to be good — @Kroars has built a couple of them successfully, @ColorMeBaddFann built one as well.

If you've not already got a PCBGM version on hand, I'd go with the Moonn. That's me though. However, I have the PCBGM board, but have yet to build it.

Choose the PCB that has the best layout for your needs.

P.S. Forgot about this vendor — Fuzzdog has 3 (THREE!) PCBs for it: "Bionic Guzz Fun"

SOLD%20OUT
WIRED

VERTICAL

HORIZONTAL

Compare and, to reiterate, choose the layout that suits you.

@Feral Feline Thanks a bunch! Bought two vertical partial kits with oscillator knob instead of switch, Also got myself dual concentric pots for all controls, and added a three 3pdt switches to an order to have a bass mod, transistor selector, and another thing to let fall in place in the upcoming weeks. Jeez, seems like I'll be figuring out three extra pedals, while a few weeks ago, I thought my stereo Parentheses would be the only one I'll ever wanted, because the pricing on the Life Pedal is as un-metal (read: capitalist) as it gets. 🙈

Guess I'll have to figure out a common design aesthetic as well to turn these two big boxes and two small boxes into a coherent family of stereo / dual mono effects. Plague Rat (Parentheses), Sludge Pre-amp (Mofeta), Maniacal Fuzz (Supersonic Fuzz Gun), Weird Space fabric thing (Low Tide + Dimension C).

Last edited:
Back