MP/MN 35 NPN

okstateblues

Has anyone ever used these before? Info is pretty hard to find on these but I got them from stompboxparts.com just for poops and shoots for a tone bender clone. I know they are low gain but I'm curious about pin out as the lack any markings aside from MP35 and "8808" stamped around the top. Also there is a number 2 stamped at the very top. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• mp35_mp36a_mp37_mp37a_mp37b_mp38_mp38a.pdf
    528.9 KB · Views: 12
I haven't used the MP35 but have used the MP38 plenty of times - the Ge transistor, not the gun. They're generally low gain but sound great. I believe that the Russian Ge Transistors generally all use the same pinout. I've built some beautiful sounding Tonebenders and Skreddy hybrids with them. The key with all Ge trannys is to try a bunch in the circuit, and the Russian Ges have the edge there because they are significantly cheaper.

Has anyone ever used these before? Info is pretty hard to find on these but I got them from stompboxparts.com just for poops and shoots for a tone bender clone. I know they are low gain but I'm curious about pin out as the lack any markings aside from MP35 and "8808" stamped around the top. Also there is a number 2 stamped at the very top. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I've come into possession of a bunch of MN35 transistors and they were individually bagged and meticulously labelled with the pinout and readings.

IMG_4222.jpg

Back