Multiple LED’s

Svenson007

Hey guys. I had this Chalumeau (Clari Not) build laying around from the early days of learning. I decided to box it up in a fun way. I have all these stamps I buy that artists carve. I wanted the eye of the creature to be a 3mm green LED. Being a dumb ass after building too many pedals today I went and drilled the regular template. This meant I would have to have an LED in the usual spot too. Oh well. Figured a UV colour would be cool along with the brighter 3mm green led in the eye.

So I solder in my main 5mm LED and leave extra solder on the pads for what I will do next for the extra light. I reheated each pad and attached a wire for both anode and Kathode. I squeezed these under the pcb and soldered the wires to the appropriate legs of my secondary green led.

Problem is only one led will light up at a time. I’ve made builds in the past and have had numerous led’s function at the same time. I’m not understanding what the problem is here. I can have just the green eye light up. Or the main 5mm LED. Not both

Can I not just wire it like this? I’m not understanding what the conflict is….

Sorry for the lack of pics…. But I think it’s pretty straight forward.

Thanks dudes! What’s up!!??

Attachments

• 82A25110-1BE3-4F96-9998-74AB9B44DD25.jpeg
    82A25110-1BE3-4F96-9998-74AB9B44DD25.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 22
Hey guys. I had this Chalumeau (Clari Not) build laying around from the early days of learning. I decided to box it up in a fun way. I have all these stamps I buy that artists carve. I wanted the eye of the creature to be a 3mm green LED. Being a dumb ass after building too many pedals today I went and drilled the regular template. This meant I would have to have an LED in the usual spot too. Oh well. Figured a UV colour would be cool along with the brighter 3mm green led in the eye.

So I solder in my main 5mm LED and leave extra solder on the pads for what I will do next for the extra light. I reheated each pad and attached a wire for both anode and Kathode. I squeezed these under the pcb and soldered the wires to the appropriate legs of my secondary green led.

Problem is only one led will light up at a time. I’ve made builds in the past and have had numerous led’s function at the same time. I’m not understanding what the problem is here. I can have just the green eye light up. Or the main 5mm LED. Not both

Can I not just wire it like this? I’m not understanding what the conflict is….
I feel like it’s something about a wire going directly from DC Jack to secondary anode of led….. then double up on the daughterboard SW …. So it grounds … dunno too tired. Please help lol still don’t get why I can’t run two leds off the regular pads.
Sorry for the lack of pics…. But I think it’s pretty straight forward.

Thanks dudes! What’s up!!??

Leds have minute differences in turn on voltage. The one that is lowest, turns on first. Once an led starts conducting, any current more than the turn on current is facing essentially no resistance to ground. It cannot then turn on another led. Running a separate power wire and resistor is best practice. I Hope that's clear, it's very late.

Leds have minute differences in turn on voltage. The one that is lowest, turns on first. Once an led starts conducting, any current more than the turn on current is facing essentially no resistance to ground. It cannot then turn on another led. Running a separate power wire and resistor is best practice. I Hope that's clear, it's very late.
Thanks. Yeah I was imagining something along these lines. But you clarified it. Would you know how to wire this up then? For the two separate lights? Or anyone else of course.

Thanks for the answer

Back