Muzzle/zuul mod to (Muzzle+/Zuul+) possible?

So that part is purely for aesthetics only? Then it's unnecassary for me, think the original led is good.
This is the pedal that you are adjusting the circuit to become: https://images.reverb.com/image/upl...,t_large/v1594162279/xpsodctlrs54dhvpwbjm.jpg

Sometimes Leds are used to clip a signal into distortion. Sometimes they are used to trigger a light sensitive resistor in a Vibrato or Flanger type pedal. In this particular circuit it is merely telling you the state the pedal is in. Gate on or off.

So yes, as far as I know that is all it is doing. Purely aesthetics. I like the dual color LEDs myself.

Like I said, It is working on my end. The shift mod I could live without. Maybe it is helping the range in some places but without both of these mods, the pedal was still fine and worked well. Maybe if you are running double overdrive boost pedals and another in your amp's loop section it will help to have better control. You maybe looking for a certain stutter in between your sick djenty chugs and these will serve a purpose. I cannot say for I am one man. Someone did this and made a line of pedals that people liked so maybe these mods are the shit...

I suggest turning knobs after you wire it up and report back. Let everyone know what you think and if its doing anything better for you than the stock circuit.

* note: I confused the two mod sections above in the last comment. R7 resistor location is the Range mod area. * And you just need to wire the middle and outside lug. You can pick whatever outside lug you want, lugs 1 or 3.

As far as schematic information is concerned, potentiometer lugs, when looking at the bottom, aka with the shaft pointing away from you, reads from left to right 3, 2, 1. Now, you can pick whatever outside lug you want, lugs 1 or 3. This will change the resistance when you turn the knob from "0" to "10k" or "10k" to "0". Like a tone knob going from bass to treble or treble to bass. Like a gain knob going from clean to distortion or from distortion to clean. Its going to achieve the goal either way. Its a personal preference which outer lug you pick.

1. Make an account here: (An absolute wealth of information)

2. Download this schematic which shows mod locations:
3. Open the Muzzle guide document for R7, R10, and C6 and other references:
*Range Mod directions:

Looking at the Muzzle Pcb board you will see "3" electrolytic capacitors on the right side of the chips (that, 1054, tl072). The first resistor location "R7" above the "C6", this is the "Range Mod" section where you wire the b10k potentiometer. You will find out where R6 and C7 is from the Muzzle document on Page 1.

Example: (Looking at the Muzzle silkscreen aka component location side) find R7. left hole> 0-----[ R7 ]-----0 <right hole

1. Wire lug 2 from the B10k potentiometer to the left hole.

2. Wire lug 1 or 3 from same potentiometer the right hole.

*Shift Mod directions:

Follow the same directions for the R10 location as you did for R7. Using another b10k potentiometer.

*Notes:

The switch for the Muzzle's range section is still in its location. I did not alter or mod anything in this area. This switch turns on or off the "Range MOD" potentiometer now.

It is going to take time to learn this stuff. I have over 20 pedals or so under my belt and 1 amplifier. So although I know some things, I still have a lot to learn about how these components function in certain situations.

This mod is in working order but I may be missing something and it might not be working as good as it could or should. I can't emphasize enough to read up on this subject. I was told this early on and didn't want to hear it. I just wanted the quick and easy answer.

The more I learn the more grateful I am. The more I understand the easier it is to troubleshoot problems when putting a pedal together. I have bought a rack unit and a guitar pedal off ebay both broken/as is and was able to fix them!!!

Pedalpcb.com and Freestomboxes.org and Madbeanpedals.com forums have a lot of information but maybe grab a book or two as well to have help in the journey.

Goodluck.
Did you use the new 4305 adapter board? Im on 3 with no luck so far. Swap in a 4301 i have on hand and they all work.. Im so stumped on the adapter boards not working .

Did you use the new 4305 adapter board? Im on 3 with no luck so far. Swap in a 4301 i have on hand and they all work.. Im so stumped on the adapter boards not working .
to quickly answer... there are 2 versions of the muzzle pcb. you might have the old version hence why the 4305 isnt working. Im not sure if that is the case or not though... if i can remember ill look into that for you but im on a mission at the moment. I hope you have this figured out already or by the time I can get back to you...

It took some digging to find this, but for anyone that is interested in seeing what I'm talking about with the Zuul being based on the gate in the Kerry King JCM800, here you go. Take a look a the EQ file specifcally.
Well I feel real silly. My main amp live is a kk800 and I gate it with a zuul. 🤣🤣🤣

Back