My First Two Pedals Build from PedalPCB

Rixroxx

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I messed up getting the wrong decal paper. These two pedals ended up with no labels or graphic or whatsoever. Overall, both pedals sound good. The build and all are worth it. Never had hiccups after the first test of each pedal, it worked right away.

I found the Thermionic Deluxe B channel (lower gain) to have a great amount of volume over the channel A (higher gain) even compared to bypass volume. But this can be fix by adjusting the gain trimpot till both channel have the same volume when engage. I put header sockets on the LEDs to try swapping out using other diodes but ended up sticking with the LED. At both lower gain settings, I tried boosting it with my DIY TS808 and wow, it sounds round and smooth like YJM style.

I liked the Angry Andy Plus more. Much smoother and the dynamics is very good. Thermionic Deluxe.PNG Thermionic Deluxe2.PNG

Attachments

• Angry Andy Plus.PNG
    Angry Andy Plus.PNG
    792.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Angry Andy Plus 2.PNG
    Angry Andy Plus 2.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I messed getting the wrong decal paper. These two pedals ended no labels or graphic or whatsoever. Overall, both pedals sound good. The build and all are all worth it. Never had hiccups after the first test of each pedal, it worked right away.

I found the Thermionic Deluxe B channel (lower gain) to have a great amount volume over the channel A (higher gain) even compared to bypass volume. I put header sockets on the LEDs to try swapping out using other diodes but ended up sticking with the LED. At both lower gain settings, I tried boosting it with my DIY TS808 and wow, it sounds round and smooth like YJM style.

I liked the Angry Andy Plus more. Much smoother and the dynamics is very good.
These look GREAT! Does your Angry Andy Plus "squeal" when you use the boost with the gain turned up? I've built two and they both exhibit this behavior. I actually just built a regular Angry Andy for my buddy without the boost and it seems to be a much quieter circuit. Same great distortion.

These look GREAT! Does your Angry Andy Plus "squeal" when you use the boost with the gain turned up? I've built two and they both exhibit this behavior. I actually just built a regular Angry Andy for my buddy without the boost and it seems to be a much quieter circuit. Same great distortion.
The squealing happened when I tested the circuit bare (not yet on casing) while the gain was max and the boost was on. But the moment I housed it on casing, it is quiet even when the boost is at 3 o'clock which is too much boost to my ears. There is still typical noise when the gain is at max and the boost is on but no squealing. The noise is not that loud to the point of making feedback on my amp. Overall the circuit is still quiet.

Next build is Complex Overdrive (Small box) about to arrive anytime now.

Last edited:
Back