My old friend, Tommy 2 Tone

Mike McLane

Any chance of doing a production run of the older Tommy V2 pcb's?? Some of the comparisons of V2 vs V3 say they're darned similar, but man. . . V2 is an absolute classic and I prefer its gain range. What's the saying. . . If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Remember "New COKE"? Then they had to come out with "COKE Classic". Then they dumped NEW Coke. Coca-Cola said that New COKE won the taste tests. Problem is it flunked the sales test. Just shows to go ya.

I remember my friends and I hoarding all the original Coke we could buy up when the New Fiascoke stuff showed up.

Exactly! Get on Reverb and look at V2 prices. That and the fact that if you want a V3 you can't get one, no production. I wonder if MXR has any influence on that?

Reactions: fig
You're not the first person to ask for the older version, so there must be something to it.

I'll get some in the next PCB order.
How long do these usually take to get in? Would love this one as well. Is there a build doc for it around still?

Exactly! Get on Reverb and look at V2 prices. That and the fact that if you want a V3 you can't get one, no production. I wonder if MXR has any influence on that?
I noticed this too. I’ve owned like 4 of them over the years and sold em all before prices jumped.

Back