Mythos High road fuzz clone (The Maps)

Sonny

It's really not up to date and I know, I should’ve done this before. In novembre last year I was looking for an option to get a kind of high road circuit working for me and the discussion and material of the guys here https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/mythos-golden-fleece-fuzz.4202/
kept me going on.

So thanks a lot and here’s my first take on this kind of electra circuit…and won’t be the last, I guess 😊.

The design is purely driven by two basic needs of mine: I’m using fuzz tones within a wide range of guitars and…I have got a small pedal board. So despite using it with full bodies, I’m always keen on making fuzz textures work for archtop or semiacoustic as well -to get that muted synth sounds for example. And I was really fixed on the sound of the Bat41 diodes in the Mythos High road.

So I started with a high road clone but...took it one step further (at least for me, nothing special). Inspired by my mini frequency boost (Tsakalis Audio, Xotic does kind of that as well) I added a 4Dipswitch at the side for

1 Input Bass (stock/light boost)
2 Output Bass (cut/stock)
3 Bias (high biased „hazey“/stock „modern“)
4 Pre-Gain (Crunch/Fuzz)

I called it the „Maps“ cause of the many roads you can take 😉. Here's the schematic

Maps_Schematic.JPG

Result is an enormous versatile little pedal, which is able to give crunch as well as fat slide sounds, bluesy, sharp or facey sounds -
but always decent inside the range of the Bat41-Sound. Especially switch 3 gives the pedal two different charakters: between a modern in your face mood (good for floydy sounds) and (for a silicon trans) wonderful soft billowing sounds on the other hand.

Hope you have fun with the circuit.

Maps_2.JPG

P.S. I managed the circuit with an modified electra PCB. Added a small vero for the changing values and the input tone section. As you may have noticed - for C6 (original thread) I tried by ear and finally took a chance on a 510 pF styroflex.

Attachments

• The-maps_Schematic.pdf
    971.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
- a year later -

Hi Sonny,
may I ask you how to interpret your "map"?

Are the components added in parallel or do they replace the original ones?

Cheers
Sören

Back