Need help sourcing C12-14 on Derailer Overdrive

Ctrl4Smilerz

I am getting ready to place orders at Mouser and Tayda for all the parts for the Derailer Overdrive but I'm having difficulty finding a class 1 MLCC 2U2 Capacitor. I'm using AIONFX guide for sourcing parts, and recommends Class 1 (C0G/NP0) for MLCC but I can't seem to find one for 2U2. Any assistance would be appreciated. TIA

I'd trash the class 1 bit 1st and try checking for the the other description parts, 2.2 uf radial lead MLCC. are these caps in the power of audio path? if power path using 1 of mouser's X(insert number like 5 7 or 8)R/S mllc's will be fine the other letters are for audio path. there is a 2uf in C0G/NP0 but how much would that change the build?

Last edited:
Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry but I'm not really sure if they are in the audio path. This is the circuit I diagram, how can I tell if a cap is in the audio path?
Derailer circuit.png

These are what you want..I can’t recall the source, but have two to spare..

3J2t3DG.jpg
Thanks, to so to clarify since this is not in the audio path it okay to use a class 2 mlcc, but when it's in the audio path you should use a class 1 MLCC?

Reactions: fig
Thanks, to so to clarify since this is not in the audio path it okay to use a class 2 mlcc, but when it's in the audio path you should use a class 1 MLCC?
That I can’t answer as I haven’t studied the differences between the classes. I’ve edited the post you quoted…my apologies for speaking before looking at the build sheet.

I am getting ready to place orders at Mouser and Tayda for all the parts for the Derailer Overdrive but I'm having difficulty finding a class 1 MLCC 2U2 Capacitor. I'm using AIONFX guide for sourcing parts, and recommends Class 1 (C0G/NP0) for MLCC but I can't seem to find one for 2U2. Any assistance would be appreciated. TIA
I used the plain old 2u2 MLCC's from Tayda and they worked fine. I mean, it's not like I fired up the pedal and said "OMG, I should have used a Class 1 in that spot" hahah. Seriously, it's a killer pedal. Very aggressive overdrive and would work well to cut through in a band situation. I gave mine to my brother, kinda sorry I did.

Class 1 is usually only for small values. The reason you wouldn't want to use class 2 is because DC bias lowers their capacitance, so your filter wouldn't be where you intended if it had a dc bias on it. This board appears to be designed to use the MLCCs so I'd just get the tayda ones and call it good.
There's a graph showing this in my post here!

• Love
Reactions: fig
Aye, if outside the States, order tayda, if in US... Mouser for MLLC x7r's or go to stompbox and get the non polarized electrolytics.

Back
Top Bottom