Newb to the Forum question

Folks don't like the slimline DC jacks, I've never had a problem with them personally but enough folks have raised concerns that I'd take it into consideration.

A couple people have reported noise issues with the TL072s, although I've never experienced it myself.

Avoid the 1900H knobs without the brass insert (from any supplier). The only thing they're good for is the set screw.

They may have taken longer because they're on holiday.

Actually that message has been up for like two years it seems like now lol

I have no qualms buying from Tayda for anything they do sell. I stick to alpha pots from Tayda rather than their brand but I personally haven't had issues with any brand of pots. I like to get wima for film caps, wherever I can get them. I tend to get jacks and switches elsewhere just out of brand preference (usually Lovemyswitches or Antique Electronic Supply whenever I'm buying something else). You also won't go wrong if you listen to the guy at AionFX.

I buy most of my stuff from Tayda & Mouser. You can buy WIMA caps from Tayda or Mouser and you'll get the same part. You have to shop around because most, but not all of the parts Tayda sells are cheaper than Mouser. Stompboxparts, Smallbear & DigiKey are other good sources. eBay is hit & miss. I have gotten some excellent deals there and I have also had to request a refund for other stuff. Only buy electronic parts from eBay if you know how to test your parts.

I buy most of my stuff from Tayda & Mouser. You can buy WIMA caps from Tayda or Mouser and you'll get the same part. You have to shop around because most, but not all of the parts Tayda sells are cheaper than Mouser. Stompboxparts, Smallbear & DigiKey are other good sources. eBay is hit & miss. I have gotten some excellent deals there and I have also had to request a refund for other stuff. Only buy electronic parts from eBay if you know how to test your parts.
My DMM doesn't test for capacitance or transistors... Should I look for another one that does or get a different tool that will test for these and ICs? Or is it not important at all at this stage?

My DMM doesn't test for capacitance or transistors... Should I look for another one that does or get a different tool that will test for these and ICs? Or is it not important at all at this stage?
I’m also very new to pedal building and electronics in general, and one of the best purchases I’ve made is the function tester from stompboxparts. It’s got a nice bright LED screen and can test transistors and capacitors. I’m not sure exactly how accurate it is, but I haven’t had any issues yet.

I went ahead and put in another order at Tayda for some more parts I was missing. They sure are quiet a bit less expensive than other places. Hopefully they don't leave anything off my order this time.

I went ahead and bought a couple of their PCBs to build too... are they pretty good quality boards? It sure is easy to pick the parts for the build when buying their PCBs because they give you a link to everything you need.

I had only meant to do a small order so they don't get confused and leave some stuff out but somehow it was $100 :oops: Hopefully I'll be set for a while.. as long as I didn't forget anything again.. LOL

Back