Newbie Here. Just purchased Daisy Seed & Terrarium.

WillHYR

Pedal Beginner here just made first purchase on Daisy seed and Terrarium. I'm sorry for the kind of obvious question but what else do I need to get everything ready for my first build? I know I've got a ton to learn from the coding end. I do have some solid soldering experience. I suppose I'm hoping to find out what I need for components besides the Terrarium and the Daisy seed to start just tinkering around.

Thank you!

That is probably one of the more difficult pedals to build and that’s without talking about coding etc. Not impossible for a first one but a really difficult one. Have you ever used a soldering iron before?

I have decent experience with Python as a data science student so I think I can Grok C++ although different languages. Yes, I used to solder all the time as a kid on RC Cars / Boats. However, I realize this is a different ball game. I'm confident I can figure everything out! Just looking to be nudged in the right direction.

Jumped right in to the deep end... I like your style..... Here is a good place to start.

And if you haven’t yet download the build docs, the BOM is pretty much your shopping list. You can get most parts cheaply from Tayda.com.

That should get you going in the right direction.

Jumped right in to the deep end... I like your style..... Here is a good place to start.

And if you haven’t yet download the build docs, the bin is pretty much your shopping list. You can get most parts cheaply from Tayda.com.

That’s should get you going in the right direction.
Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

The BOM is great for the terrarium because it advises you exactly what part size you need to make sure they fit under the daisy seed.

Here is one from @SYLV9ST9R -

There's a few of us that have some experience with the Daisy Seed and the Terrarium. We'll help you get it running. The hardware is pretty straight-forward to build. What platform do you plan on using to develop (Linux, Windows or Mac)?

I've, recently, written a couple more demos. I think the most interesting is the Double Chorus. Just google Mr Black Double Chorus. I tried (I think successfully) to implement his algorithm. Anyway, I think it sounds pretty good. When I make the code available, somebody will probably run with it and make it extra cool. I'm more of a starter than a finisher (I've had too many concussions and my attention span is shot).

There's a few of us that have some experience with the Daisy Seed and the Terrarium. We'll help you get it running. The hardware is pretty straight-forward to build. What platform do you plan on using to develop (Linux, Windows or Mac)?

I've, recently, written a couple more demos. I think the most interesting is the Double Chorus. Just google Mr Black Double Chorus. I tried (I think successfully) to implement his algorithm. Anyway, I think it sounds pretty good. When I make the code available, somebody will probably run with it and make it extra cool. I'm more of a starter than a finisher (I've had too many concussions and my attention span is shot).
That's awesome to hear. Thank you! I'm planning on using a Mac. Good for you. I'll definitely keep the contact for when I inevitably have questions.

I've got my ante in the game, and looking forward to the Terrarium and the new projects coming down the pipe. (y)

Hi all, sorry to hijack this thread, but also just ordered a Daisy Seed and Terrarium board and thought I'd post my questions here instead of creating a new thread. I've built a fair number of analog effects of varying complexity before, but am definitely still quite a newbie. Especially as it is over 10 years since the last one and my electronics knowledge is limited to a single university course also almost 10 years back. I'm really looking forward to experimenting though! It will take a while for the boards to arrive to Europe, so have plenty of time to plan in the meanwhile.

1. Is there still no schematic available for the Terrarium? I tried searching the forums and there have been a couple of mentions of it the past year.

2. The four toggle switches are SPDT, and based on the Daisy Petal schematic, I assume they switch between +3.3V and ground on the Daisy pins assigned to the switches? I found these illuminated push buttons I would like to use as the toggles (https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqWlm80), but unfortunately they are SPST. I assume they won't work? E.g. switching between +3.3V and leaving pins floating. I can't find any SPDT of the illuminated push button style that would be small enough to fit in a standard enclosure. Could I maybe use a SPDT (or half a DPDT) relay that would be controlled with the SPST push button?

Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks for the great resources you have here! Especially looking forward to trying sonic_explorer's rhythmic delay 😊

Just got my Daisy and Terrarium in the mail! Waiting on my "Shopping list" form the BOM now :) Can't wait! Thanks, guys!

Back