Next! (Flock of Figs)

Diynot

As the title states, this is the next finished build from my @fig winnings. It’s a Figgin Flock or “Mad Honey” as I have named it. I know how you guys like a little trivia so “Mad Honey” is a hallucinogenic honey from the Himalayas, most notably Nepal and Turkey. It comes to “bee” when the bees collect pollen from rhododendron flowers and other plants which contain grayanotoxin. When the honey is consumed it has both a stimulant and hallucinogenic effect. I sort of imagine the sounds produced by this pedal could def be in the sound track to a hallucination, that and it keeps with the bee theme, hence the name. So what is it? It’s a PLL similar to the data corrupter and a host of other pedals of the same ilk. Maybe a little more stripped down which is nice. Really like this gold color from Tayda. Picked because of it’s similar hue to honey. Love @Robert s execution of the rotary switch and knob placement. This board is snug as a bug in the 1590BB. If you haven’t ever played a PLL, this is a good place to start. Onto the pics:
B1DC7D4A-F798-46B5-AB86-1BEA90609760.jpeg 1CF5E93A-7C87-4F10-8908-41FEA73AB921.jpeg

As the title states, this is the next finished build from my @fig winnings. It’s a Figgin Flock or “Mad Honey” as I have named it. I know how you guys like a little trivia so “Mad Honey” is a hallucinogenic honey from the Himalayas, most notably Nepal and Turkey. It comes to “bee” when the bees collect pollen from rhododendron flowers and other plants which contain grayanotoxin. When the honey is consumed it has both a stimulant and hallucinogenic effect. I sort of imagine the sounds produced by this pedal could def be in the sound track to a hallucination, that and it keeps with the bee theme, hence the name. So what is it? It’s a PLL similar to the data corrupter and a host of other pedals of the same ilk. Maybe a little more stripped down which is nice. Really like this gold color from Tayda. Picked because of it’s similar hue to honey. Love @Robert s execution of the rotary switch and knob placement. This board is snug as a bug in the 1590BB. If you haven’t ever played a PLL, this is a good place to start. Onto the pics:
View attachment 34581View attachment 34582
This is amazing!

View attachment 34581View attachment 34582
Great build. Love the name and the meaning behind the choice.

Back