SOLVED No Audio Signal When Bypassed

Just completed a Clandestine Preamp build. It's a unique enclosure meant to sit underneath a POG2 so the jacks and switches are on the sides. Truly...it's "Clandestine" :p

The pedal works as expected when engaged--signal is processed like it should be, it sounds like my Chase Tone Secret Preamp, the LED lights up, the toggle switch controls the Bright/Dark/Mid modes appropriately, the volume knob behaves as it should...but when bypassed, no signal comes through.

Surely it's the switch or something surrounding that, yeah? I ordered this 3PDT Low Profile Footswitch - Latching from Stomp Box Parts. Turns out I had plenty of space inside and outside for a regular one if that proves to be the issue.

The inside wiring isn't as pretty as I wanted it to be but it seems to be fine otherwise.

Also, you'll see two extra power jacks in there...that's just to run aux power to the side of my board when needed, it's not a part of the Clandestine circuit at all.

Thanks for your eyes and knowledge!

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    428.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1376.jpeg
    IMG_1376.jpeg
    578.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1370.jpeg
    IMG_1370.jpeg
    416.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1371.jpeg
    IMG_1371.jpeg
    558.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    424.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1372.jpeg
    IMG_1372.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1373.jpeg
    IMG_1373.jpeg
    380.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    672.5 KB · Views: 13
Audio goes from lug 2 to lug 3 over to 9 and out 8. Check that path maybe with an audio probe.
Audio probe for the win!

Either I messed up the switch when soldering or I was the unlucky winner of a rare broken switch, but sure enough, there was no connectivity between the two lugs needed to bypass. I swapped the switch for a spare and I’m now able to bypass. Thanks!

Audio probe for the win!

Either I messed up the switch when soldering or I was the unlucky winner of a rare broken switch, but sure enough, there was no connectivity between the two lugs needed to bypass. I swapped the switch for a spare and I’m now able to bypass. Thanks!
I test every switch I install before i wire it up, and I’ve had three of those low profile switches be bad right off the bat. Haven’t had any fail, so I trust em for within an actual build, but they do have a chance of being DOA

Back