SOLVED No Dry Signal When Engaged (Dark Rift Delay)

bschobs

If you were to troubleshoot a pedal that has only a wet signal when engaged, are there some common places to start? Dry signal is normal when in bypass. This one happens to be a Dark Rift Delay. When engaged I am able to adjust the mix and hear the wet signal but the dry doesn't come through at all.

I'm expecting to need to go through all of the troubleshooting steps but thought I would throw it out there in case there are some things to try first that I am missing.

Thanks!

Try taking IC1 out and reflowing pin 5 socket solder joint

I'm assuming you got dry signal both sides of R18?

Make sure all the socket pins are through the pads it's very easy to bend IC or socket pins, easy enough to check though you'll see and feel the sharp pin ends

I've bent socket pins and only noticed when I saw the tiny silver slither through a magnifier

I thank you both for your help!

Mcknib, you were correct. I finally had some time to pull it out of the box. I lifted up the rate pot to get a better look at the solder joints on the socket for IC2. Sure enough... pin 5 was COMPLETELY UN-SOLDERED.

It felt great to put that thing back in the box and it worked.

Now I do have a slight complaint of a bit of noise with the wet signal, but there's another thread on that I'll check out.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Back