No switches but 24 knobs?

Dali

Let me explain...

Would it be possible to use the 4 Toggle Switches of a Terrarium as knobs selector/programs?

1D means first SW, Down. 2U means second one Up.

1D-2D-3D-4D means we're setting all 6 knobs to "program 1"
1U-2D-3D-4D means program 1 is not "writable" but Program2 now is, all 6 knobs.

So UP means no modification, read-only. All 4 UP means knobs have no effect but if one is Down, you can modify with knobs.

So it means we would "sacrifice" the toggle switches for more knobs.

Would that work?

You can do pretty much anything you want (or can imagine) with the switches (this includes the footswitches). They're just binary TRUE or FALSE boolean values in your program.

The Seed doesn't have multiple "programs", it only runs one, but if you wrote an algorithm that had multiple effects built-in then yep, you could do that.

You can do pretty much anything you want (or can imagine) with the switches (this includes the footswitches). They're just binary TRUE or FALSE boolean values in your program.

The Seed doesn't have multiple "programs", it only runs one, but if you wrote an algorithm that had multiple effects built-in then yep, you could do that.
Well, considering @tcpoint BINs are both under 64KB...

(NOTE: Don't search "daisy seeds memory" you'll only get Funeral stuff!) :ROFLMAO: )

Well I re-checked and there's 8 MB of flash memory for storing BIN! Quite lots of storage available for my crazy ideas...

With just the basic Terrarium we got 10 programs possible without modification (4 SW with 2 positions + 1 footswitch).

Earth is a better place with me not being able to code all the stuff in my head I presume...

The Daisy only has one program loaded at a time. If you wrote a program that contains multiple ‘sub-programs’ , this could work.

Your idea about the switches is inefficient. 5 switches can be set in 2^^5 states. That’s 32, not 10.

The Daisy only has one program loaded at a time. If you wrote a program that contains multiple ‘sub-programs’ , this could work.

Your idea about the switches is inefficient. 5 switches can be set in 2^^5 states. That’s 32, not 10.
Inefficient could have been a little more subtle in your response.
You could have used a word like Incorrect.

or use three toggles for 9 combinations (DDD, DDU,DUD,UDD,DUU,UDD,UDU,UUD,UUU) and use the fourth toggle for something that could be used with any of those combinations (maybe tails, noise gate, octave doubler.....)

Don't forget, you could quantize one of the pots to behave like a rotary mode switch. (like the first version of the Arachnid)

This would be really cool with an 11-detent potentiometer.

If in the next iteration there were several free GPIO pins that could be conveniently exposed by a header, that'd afford all kinds of flexibility.
Rotary encoder and an OLED display would be powerful add ons, for instance.

Last edited:
If in the next iteration there were several free GPIO pins that could be conveniently exposed by a header, that'd afford all kinds of flexibility.

I'm working on a modular board for development, just have a couple concerns I need to work out.

Back