Open-Source Replacement Graphics Toolset - Vector - Raster - etc

jessenator

Well-known member
So I got sucked into the al gore rhythm of whatever was going on with my business-y instagram reels, and this genuinely looks promising. Apparently somebody "vibe coded" (I hate that phrase) almost the entirety of the Ad0be suite. It's in alpha (like, maybe a couple of days old at most), so not much more than a vertical slice of its potential. But it's all open-source, which means don't fall for anything trying to sell it. It's apparently "cleanroom," like how they made a 100% compatible IBM BIOS back in the day, making PC compatibles* available without having to buy IBM.


I'm tentatively excited. No doubt Adobe is going to $#!@ the bed and try to take this down, despite the claims of no source code reverse engineering, etc.

*If you know that moniker, be sure to take your ibuprofen and schedule a colonoscopy.
 
One of the issues with vibe codes stuff is it tends to become abandonware at some point. Especially because it's hard for someone else to take over because they can't understand the Ai code. Looks cool through.
 
Back
Top