Orange Squeezer

lrgaraujo

Built myself an orange squeezer with a threshold control as implemented in the Orange Smoothie.
Nothing much to write about this one, but it does the job and is quite silent for a compressor. Will probably go to the pedalboard. 20230326_181703.jpg 20230326_181715.jpg

Did some linocut for the artwork, but used the rough side of the linoleum, so ended up losing some detail (limit label is barely readable)

Background album is Clube da Esquina, recently selected as the greatest brazilian album of all time

That artwork looks amazing though. IDK if it was intentional but i love that worn out faded look! :cool:
Thanks! I'm happy with it! Just wished the labels were a bit more clear.
My linoleum has two textures: one side is smoother than the other, and I did the artwork on the rougher one

Good to know! I think you should continue down this worn artwork path and see where it goes. I really really love this look. Reminds me of the Beetronics Whoctahell worn look.

Good to know! I think you should continue down this worn artwork path and see where it goes. I really really love this look. Reminds me of the Beetronics Whoctahell worn look.
I still have to figure out how much detail I can manage with this kind of technique, but I like the results. And the process itself is very fun, mixing different inks, carving the linoleum. Feels like the ultimate diy experience
:LOL:

Small update: I had originally used 2n3819 fets (selected for vp in the 2V vicinity) and it wasn't compressing as much as I would want, so I've decided to try different fets and rebias.
Now with 2sk246 it compresses nicely and the "Limit" pot is useful in the full pot rotation.

Back