Organ Donor

jwyles90

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Just finished putting together this one for a friend who was in need of an octave-up pedal. It was between this and the Ocelot, but he liked the idea of having a couple of the extra features that the Donor has so we went that route. Overall the build was fairly easy and a lot of fun. I went with the pre-soldered FV-1 route (although I've done a few FV-1 builds on my own and they're really not that intimidating once you get the hang of it), so big kudos to Robert for having that option available.

The pedal itself sounds really cool. The choir and lag settings are interesting to mess with, and you can get a pretty wide range of weird, wonky sounds out of it by just messing around with those two. I'm a big fan of turning the sub-octave up all the way and then keeping the octave up at about half, with the mix at a little less than half. It's got a full, well-rounded sound to it without being too shimmery or biting. The tone sweep is interesting on this one as well. All the way cranked it lets all of those high-ends in, but doesn't get too ice-picky. Rolled back it definitely can get a little muted but this cool dark tone to it that goes really well with the upper octave in particular. Overall a solid octave pedal if you're in the market for one!
IMG-8562.JPG IMG-8561.JPG

Last edited:
What an exquisite choice for the graphic and knobs so suited!

One of the handsomest pedals I've seen for a long long time.

Graphic is a wrap, yes?

Nice! Where'd you get the stained-glassesque art? Beautiful

I was just going through the box of pedals to build and organizing that into "components ordered/need to order" and saw the organ donor.

A friend of mine took a hammond organ amplifier and modified the tone stack and made a guitar amp out of it, he calls it the organ donor..... sounds great....

Nice! Where'd you get the stained-glassesque art? Beautiful

I was just going through the box of pedals to build and organizing that into "components ordered/need to order" and saw the organ donor.

A friend of mine took a hammond organ amplifier and modified the tone stack and made a guitar amp out of it, he calls it the organ donor..... sounds great....
Thanks! So I actually have been using one of those AI art generators to make my decals 😬. I know there’s a whole moral dilemma going on there, but I also am not all that artistically inclined or tech savvy enough to do much with photoshop (yet). I figure if the pedals are just for me or a friend here and there it’s a cool way to get a design that looks interesting.

Thanks! So I actually have been using one of those AI art generators to make my decals 😬. I know there’s a whole moral dilemma going on there, but I also am not all that artistically inclined or tech savvy enough to do much with photoshop (yet). I figure if the pedals are just for me or a friend here and there it’s a cool way to get a design that looks interesting.
Copyright laws are interesting. Not only does one need to say Copyrighted {DATE} but one needs to post that with the image and defend the image if someone uses it without permission. That would include warnings as well as court actions. Any image on the web that isn't copyrighted is fair game for legal copying and use.... Example: I use Yoda's image for a refrigerator magnet and start selling on eBay, betcha within a week I get a warning from a lawyer telling me to turn over all my profits or face prosecution. The copyrights for those images are included in the credits at the end of the movie......

I’m pretty sure that once you create any type of art- drawings, paintings, text, music- it’s automatically got a copyright to the creator.

Back