Overall output volume question Tone Vendor

swelchy

Just finished up a tone vendor MK1 with OC125’s … used A50 instead of B50…used a 20k trim pot and pre set it to 8k2 for the bias resistor..
The overall unity volume isn’t much of a jump from my clean signal but it is “fuzzing” very well… turning down the attack knob does make it start to gate and futz out the more you turn it down… I have to have the volume knob max and gain pretty much cranked to get over unity volume…
My question is… Should I try to swap out my transistors for higher HFE ones to get more signal amplification? Any particular q1,q2 or q3 affect output volume the most? I have a good bit of transistors to pick from that I already recorded HFE and leakage… I picked these because they were the recommended gains/leakages other topics has suggested…. I feel like I need a little more output from it

Just finished up a tone vendor MK1 with OC125’s … used A50 instead of B50…used a 20k trim pot and pre set it to 8k2 for the bias resistor..
The overall unity volume isn’t much of a jump from my clean signal but it is “fuzzing” very well… turning down the attack knob does make it start to gate and futz out the more you turn it down… I have to have the volume knob max and gain pretty much cranked to get over unity volume…
My question is… Should I try to swap out my transistors for higher HFE ones to get more signal amplification? Any particular q1,q2 or q3 affect output volume the most? I have a good bit of transistors to pick from that I already recorded HFE and leakage… I picked these because they were the recommended gains/leakages other topics has suggested…. I feel like I need a little more output from it
Reduce the last resistor in the circuit from 2M2 to 1M8 or less for more output without changing the tone.

Back