Pandora's Box - Bixonic Expandora

reubenreub

This is the Pandora's Box built with a diode toggle mod (silicon, no clipping, and red LEDs) for different levels of compression and flavor. I honestly didn't know what to expect from this one but the unusual circuit design really intrigued me. All I can say is WOW! Wonderful tonal response and a huge range of gain sounds, especially with the clipping toggle. This is quite possibly my favorite distortion that I've built from PedalPCB.... Which I think is saying a lot, considering how many great projects there are on here. Highly recommended!

Yow, what a killer looking build inside and out!!! The finish on that thing is outrageous. Is grey/white swirl? What did you use for the lettering, paint pen? I generally don't get too fired up over finishes (mostly because its the part of a build I like doing the least) but this thing really speaks to me :)

This is the Pandora's Box built with a diode toggle mod (silicon, no clipping, and red LEDs) for different levels of compression and flavor. I honestly didn't know what to expect from this one but the unusual circuit design really intrigued me. All I can say is WOW! Wonderful tonal response and a huge range of gain sounds, especially with the clipping toggle. This is quite possibly my favorite distortion that I've built from PedalPCB.... Which I think is saying a lot, considering how many great projects there are on here. Highly recommended!
Yeah I love this one....

Thanks so much! Yeah the finish is a technique I've been working in for a while now. Used the light gray smallbear 125b and used a water-based gray paint, let it partially dry, then rinse it off for that interesting texture and swirl. The lettering is done with a posca paint pen, which is a fun way to do the lettering. Honestly, doing the enclosures has become one of my favorite parts! I like doing all sorts of different finishes and having fun with it.

So I don't have a very good way to record videos but hopefully this gives you a good sense of how many sounds are in this thing!

Here are two videos where I keep all the knobs the same but just change the I and II toggles. Everything from light grit to almost gated fuzz sounds!

Back