Parentheses fuzz expression mod

Hello there,
I been thinking why the diy World didn't post yet a octave control on a expression pedal as the original offers

So, trying to add this mod to my build ,I wanna make sure that this will work, before drilling and doing a mess to my build

Is this example I attached here, good to go? Or may need another wiring? Also, what's my switched lugs on the jack ?

Thanks in advance and big shout out and respect to all of you guys for sharing the knowledge, long life to the diy world

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240924_093420_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240924_093420_Samsung Internet.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 19
I've done it to the parentheses, it works. Must use a switched jack as it makes/breaks the contacts to send to either the pot or the exp pedal when a cable is plugged in. No grounding to the enclosure with it as well (isolated)

Cool, happy to know that it works if wiring it like the example, I have some of those exact TRS jacks around, now I just have to give it a go, thanks foe answering. Cheers

Cool, happy to know that it works if wiring it like the example, I have some of those exact TRS jacks around, now I just have to give it a go, thanks foe answering. Cheers
Wait, now thinking a little further, I see that the image I post have wires, coming from the pot on the fx board.... now I don't want an extra pot for expression, I will rather plug an expresion pedal instead... so how is my wiring then? My guess is that, I just need to wire the cables from that board pot to the lugs that are touching the trs jack from the exp pedal ( and when exp pedal is unplugged, there won't be any conection)
But please enlight me if I'm wrong

That would be the Octave pot, in this case.

You omit the Octave pot from the PCB, connect the expression jack TRS lugs to those pads instead, then connect the Octave pot via wires to the switched lugs of the Expression jack.

When a cable is plugged in your expression pedal will take the place of the octave pot.

When no cable is plugged in the switched 1/4" jack will connect the octave pot to the PCB instead. (standard operation)

Last edited:
Hello there,
I been thinking why the diy World didn't post yet a octave control on a expression pedal as the original offers

So, trying to add this mod to my build ,I wanna make sure that this will work, before drilling and doing a mess to my build

Is this example I attached here, good to go? Or may need another wiring? Also, what's my switched lugs on the jack ?

Thanks in advance and big shout out and respect to all of you guys for sharing the knowledge, long life to the diy world

Cheers

That would be the Octave pot, in this case.

You omit the Octave pot from the PCB, connect the expression jack TRS lugs to those pads instead, then connect the Octave pot via wires to the switched lugs of the Expression jack.

When a cable is plugged in your expression pedal will take the place of the octave pot.

When no cable is plugged in the switched 1/4" jack will connect the octave pot to the PCB instead. (standard operation)
Got it now! Thanks a lot

hey there!
For some reason (well my stupidity)....... i cant wire it up and make it work...... would some of you guys help me with a "schematic" how to wire the Jack TRS from the Pedalpcb Parentheses Octave Pot Section Schematic maybe? that would be very helpful, thanks in advance

i happen to have this Jack right now and not the another one ( the one i had was broken)

See Link here below👇

Thanks, I got at the end the isolated switched jack from neutral, wired it as per image and it worked partially, happens to add plenty of noise and at some settings self oscilate on a low pitch manner

I have the cheap M-Audio Expresion pedal

I open it to see what's up under the hood, there are 2 pots, one on the foot slider that is B 10k and one on the side rhat is a B50K

Here I attached some foto

Any further help with this will
Be very much appreciated ,thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240925_183131_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240925_183131_Google.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 6
Back