Parentheses

sndansby

I have an issue and I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue when building the Parentheses. It powers up, leds working and all that. The issue is that it will only play with the boost on. Otherwise there isn't any sound from the normal side and when that isn't engaged there is no sound. I think this might be a quick kinda fix but I can add pics if needed.

Pix are always needed. Make sure we can read all of the parts, see the quality of your solder joints on both sides of the board and see all of your off-board wiring. Post as many pix as you need. Don't post out of focus or dark pix. I shouldn't have to tell you that last part, but take a look at some of the pix in this forum and you'll understand why I did.

Also tell us anything you did that is not in accordance with the build docs.

Recheck your off-board wiring. My first guess is there is a mistake in the wiring to the BOOST stomp switch.

Here are the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5851.jpg
    IMG_5851.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5850.jpg
    IMG_5850.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5849.jpg
    IMG_5849.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5847.jpg
    IMG_5847.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5846.jpg
    IMG_5846.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 18
Both stomp switches are missing a wire, check the pic on page 4 of the Build Docs. Pix do not have enough resolution to tell if the solder joints are any good.

BTW, what you built was a Mini-Parenthesis. This is one of the reasons we need to see pix.
I do not know how I missed this but here we are. Thanks Chuck the pedal is now working and I really appreciate your time. Below is the pedal, I would have done so many things different but I can now do that with the next one.

Attachments

• IMG_5852.jpg
    IMG_5852.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 20
Back