SOLVED Parenthesis Mini Fuzz (compression-like ducking)

nezvers

Hi, this is my first DIY pedal. To my luck, I don't have the classic problem I saw in this forum. Although, I have weird ducking in the RAT circuit and affects the Rangers octaver too. I can follow the schematics but that's it.
I have a guess that the initial try to power with the Arduino kit's 9v battery plug might have done something (my pedal adapter is with my friend and I forgot about guitar pedal inverse polarity). In the end, it still sounds pretty beefy but with higher RAT's amplitude, I get like a duck in volume from bass-ier transients. With the octaver turned up ducking sounds like dance music ducking compressor. Here's an audio example on a youtube VIDEO. For convenience PedalPCB INSTRUCTION.
Please, can you point me in a direction to fix this?

You might have fried something, Arduino power supplies are apparently Center positive, the effect is center negative. How does your protection diode and the electrolytic caps look?

You might have fried something, Arduino power supplies are apparently Center positive, the effect is center negative. How does your protection diode and the electrolytic caps look?
Yeah, I replaced the very first El.cap in power stage and everything is working. Diode was fine about which I was a bit surprised, since same situation on one of my breadboards straight up smoked it.

Back