Pathogen schematic question (potentially stupid)

acuevo

Hello everyone, first post here. I’ve dabbled building my own pedals for a few years now, done 6 or 7 kits from another popular DIY pedal site and then discovered this magical place.

Anywho, onto the question. I’ll be building a pathogen distortion soon (already have an actual pathos, but want a 2nd without the same price tag). I plan on building one with the PCB but I may also breadboard one to tinker with.

My question is, in the schematic we have a VCC indicator AND a VCC1 shortly after. VCC1 is easy enough, it goes to the voltage dividers for Vref…. but am I missing something with the plain VCC? I don’t see where it should go, or even its purpose - it looks like all the other places needing voltage already have a spot in the schematic. Am I being dumb? lol! Thanks in advance!

There is only one VCC in that schematic, the little "1" subscript below some of them are pin numbers and don't mean a whole lot.

There were a few redundant VCC markers in the schematic, I've removed those just to prevent confusion.

You may sometimes see markers for VCC or +9V in my schematics that don't connect anywhere in the circuit, these are mostly just for reference when troubleshooting.

I literally can't see what you mean.

There were a couple extra VCC net markers and the VREF supplies weren't connected by an actual line.

The first VCC marker didn't have the 1 pin number below it, so I think it gave the impression that there might be more than one VCC net in the schematic.

Just a little clutter that didn't get cleaned up initially.

Ahhh thank you! I did consider that it may just have been a label or indication, that clears that up :D thanks again!

Back