PedalPCB 3PDT Breakout Board with other PCB?

thefooldog

Hi everyone,

I have a project I built from another company's PCB, but it turned out I had already soldered all the 3PDT switches I had on hand with PedalPCB breakout boards.

I figured this shouldn't really change anything since the switch should be connected in the same way, but somehow I was able to mess it up.

My pedal powers on, the LED lights up and the knobs seem to do something when I turn them but there's no guitar signal coming through, even when the pedal is bypassed.

Is there anything obvious wrong with the switch wiring I have here? PCB is the King Kat from PCB Guitar Mania if that helps at all.

Thanks!

Attachments

• pcb1.jpeg
    pcb1.jpeg
    445.9 KB · Views: 22
  • pcb2.jpeg
    pcb2.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 22
Ignore the PCB and yellow/purple wires, none of that will affect bypass. The only thing that will affect bypass is the jacks and their wires, footswitch, breakout board or solder connections.

Make sure you have your guitar plugged into the right jack (sounds crazy, it happens quite often)

Aside from that, the other possibilities are that your green or white wires are making contact with something they should not, there is a solder blob under the footswitch shorting the lugs, or the footswitch itself is defective.

OK, that makes sense, thanks for the response.

I was able to verify that the footswitch itself was fine using this method. But then I used this diagram and tested for continuity between the jack tips and the outside lugs on the middle row of the 3PDT and it looks like the traces were indeed broken on the breakout board.

I soldered the wires directly to the lugs and was able to get sound coming through the pedal. But is it possible I cause some other issue with grounding as a result? The pedal is extremely noisy.

I tested and got continuity between the center lug of the switch and the marked GND points on the PCB, 1/4" jack sleeves and 9v jack ground.

Attachments

• pcb_3.jpeg
    pcb_3.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 11
Back