PedalPCB Greengage Redux - Now with Intelligent Bypass...

Fingolfen

When I built my first Plumes clone, I went with the basic 3PDT true bypass set-up, but given the original pedal has that whole cool "Flexi-Switch" thing going on, I figured it would be fun to see if I could make one work with the added functionality as well... so, why build one when you can build two for twice the price, eh?

Insta - Plumage - SN02 - 01.jpg

Only real change is the addition of the Intelligent Relay Bypass Module. It was dead simple to get together - despite my having had a bit of a cold the past few days - and the pre-programmed microcontroller a nice bonus.

Plumage - SN02 - 02.jpg

I went ahead and used a four prong pin header to attach the two boards together. There's two yellow wires connecting the momentary switch to the back of the relay daughter board. The 100K resistor isn't needed for this application, so I left it empty. Everything else follows my normal wiring practices and star ground to the input.

Plumage - SN02 - 03.jpg

Outside is just the same as the other one - apart from the momentary switch being just a bit taller than the 3PDT switches I'd been using. Really the only changes are in the functionality and sadly, the cost. With the Intelligent Relay, the cost to build the pedal starts approaching the cost of buying one (at least if you're not buying a lot of stuff like custom enclosure drilling, printing, etc. in bulk). That being said, this particular version is a complete keeper and will likely find a near permanent home on the pedalboard. It's got a lot of range and functionality with a great sound.

Big more at the blog: https://steggostudios.blogspot.com/2022/06/birds-of-feather-updating-eqd-plumes.html

Back