PedalPCB Nobleman Overdrive/Nobels ODR-1 1590b

OD is Glorious

Well-known member
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
IMG_1747.jpeg

I am probably keeping this one - the last two I built went to friends. Fun project, and you get a great sounding overdrive that can provide clean boost or saturation. I used an A25k for the presence knob because I was all out of B25k. Maybe do not do that because all of the presence is at the end of the turn. Otherwise this is sensational.

I used all of the correct components with the exception of the B25k potentiometer (I used A). The Led is a 3mm clear in a clear Freznel. I used a 5K6 resistor for the LED. The footswitch is a full size feather click, the jacks are low profile enclosed and the D.C. jack is Lumberg. I socketed the 1N4148 diodes. I used the Davies 1611 knobs. The enclosure is a Tyda pastel green poweder coated 1590b with a waterslide decal and 2k clear.

Everything fits in here if you used the low profile electrolytic caps... PPCB has them and so does Synth Cube. Most of the parts are common, but I listed some uncommon components below.

Notes
  1. You need a 2N5457 transistor
  2. A 2N7 film capacitor
  3. Two 8N2 capacitors
  4. A 120p ceramic capacitor
  5. A 560 ceramic capacitor
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1748.jpeg
    IMG_1748.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1749.jpeg
    IMG_1749.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1750.jpeg
    IMG_1750.jpeg
    275.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1739.jpeg
    IMG_1739.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top