[PedalPCB] Son of Chimera Benson Preamp

contrary to popular belief around here, you learn by taking your time and variety of projects and not thru volume. Building by volume teaches you to build a lot of pedals, taking your time teaches you how to build quality pedals. Once you learn quality then you do volume of quality, but always quality over quantity. The only time none of this matters is when it comes to women, then either is acceptable.
I learn by building volume........hahah......I think of it as an iterative process....build reject, build critique, build trash (thankfully not too many of those, I think 3 trashed all in so far). When I fail, it's usually in a spectacular fashion, like pulling 2 inches of trace out before realizing its not a piece of lint.........

Looks great! Isn't it such a lovely pedal? That was the first build that I did that made me go "holy shit, I can't believe I actually put this thing together by hand", it sounds so good.

Bummer to hear about the Guitar PCB j201s not working out, they've always been pretty solid in my experience but they can't all be winners I suppose.

Looks great! Isn't it such a lovely pedal? That was the first build that I did that made me go "holy shit, I can't believe I actually put this thing together by hand", it sounds so good.

Bummer to hear about the Guitar PCB j201s not working out, they've always been pretty solid in my experience but they can't all be winners I suppose.
It really is a great pedal. Instantly a keeper for low to mid gain. Yeah, don't know about the 201s, they read a little on the low side but nothing else which would indicate any issue. Onto SMDs for consistency I guess..

Back